Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Has he had part or full medical in Türkiye? Seems strange that we have let Barco go out on loan before this signing took place, it would not be the first time that a player has failed a medical.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Has he had part or full medical in Türkiye? Seems strange that we have let Barco go out on loan before this signing took place, it would not be the first time that a player has failed a medical.
This is true, and as usual the club have kept completely mum about this signing, they never announce anything until the transfer is complete for this reason.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A penny for Bloom's thoughts.

I'd love to know the detailed reasoning for his splurge. Is it simply that he thinks he's getting good value and will recoup his money when we sell players etc, or is his plan to spend and build the club up even more (which will be difficult given the resources of 8 or more other clubs in the league?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton

I'd love to know the detailed reasoning for his splurge. Is it simply that he thinks he's getting good value and will recoup his money when we sell players etc, or is his plan to spend and build the club up even more (which will be difficult given the resources of 8 or more other clubs in the league?
Under PSR rules we can only spend profit within a certain period. In a a few years time all the money we’ve made from Chelsea won’t mean anything on the books.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Under PSR rules we can only spend profit within a certain period. In a a few years time all the money we’ve made from Chelsea won’t mean anything on the books.

Fair point, but in how many years exactly? Did he need to spend it all by the end of next summer, or did he have a few windows? Either way, it's a massive statement of intent.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

My one question, as we’re in a separate year to the Caicedo/Alexis money etc… will that mean we’d potentially be in breach once those transfers don’t count any more, but this year’s spend still does?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
In the interest of stats integrity, I must correct the author concerning Nogan's goal off the jacksy in the FLT (I think it came off his leg or thigh). It was against Walsall and not Bournemouth.

I was standing next to someone who was familiar with Luton who was annoyed they had let him go and told me he was a quality player. They were eventually proved correct.
I hadn't even read it to be honest - it was an image search and then I thought I'd link the article in case any newbies/youngsters/JCLs wanted a read (and put some traffic WAB's way as a thank you for the handy image :))

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex

He wants to get back in to Europe and stuff Marseille.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hadn't even read it to be honest - it was an image search and then I thought I'd link the article in case any newbies/youngsters/JCLs wanted a read (and put some traffic WAB's way as a thank you for the handy image :))
Except that.... it turns out it was against Bournemouth...

I hate it when that happens. Evidence of my belief in memory fusion as we get older. I must have been at both games. We played Walsall in the next round. But I do remember the bloke who had come from Luton to watch him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Hasn’t deviated from his overall strategy at all imo………buying (relative) value to improve the squad, will continue to sell if the price and circumstances are right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here