Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good grief. YES.

Our next 7 games - 5 are at home. And YES. that is unusual.
(Chelsea and Arsenal A) and
Man Utd , Crawley, Nottm Forest, Ipswich and Spurs.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It is missing the Ipswich game. I have no idea why I am following this so closely.

Edit: the xitter tiling of the images you can see has cropped images 2 and 3 so the Ipswich game is hidden. So it makes Naylor look a fool if you don't click through his whole tweet.
Unlike the Pulitzer candidate that is "we're playing five of the seven next games at home".

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Unlike the Pulitzer candidate that is "we're playing five of the seven next games at home".
Yeah, it is not a particularly fascinating observation. It is almost as if xitter is used by people to say tedious things sometimes.

I say hang them all and have done.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The club is not the only source of fact.
If Naylor has any sources outside the club, he either doesn't trust them, or is frightened of upsetting his club sources by making stuff public that the club wants kept quiet.
If the club wants stuff kept quiet till its done, then I am glad he isn't telling it, but it also makes him largely irrelevant as a source of new information.

Strange that today's totally football podcast, an athletic affiliated show, opted to contact Brian Owen to report on our win at Everton, rather than the athletic's own Brighton beat "journalist" Andy Naylor.

Owen did a fine job, and we aren't subjected to Naylor's nasal nonsense.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Andy Naylor's career as an Albion correspondent is now older than Fabian Hurzeler !! All credit to him for continuing to report and write about the Albion now for a company owned by the New York Times. Who'd have thought it.
And NSC posters pointing out where he's been going wrong or man splaining how is job actually works is probably up there too - almost Milner like in its longevity. .

Its a fine old NSC tradition !
For the sake of tradition, I will just add that he is crap, doesn't write well, his opinion pieces usually include a snide dig at supporters, and he performs his job at the most basic level.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good grief. YES.

One is a cup game so discount that and it's 3 away, 4 home and we've just played an away game so it's 4/4 for the first 8 PL games. Absolutely astonishing set of circumstances, surely never seen before. Amazing insight from the man. We're blessed.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Good grief. YES.

One is a cup game so discount that and it's 3 away, 4 home and we've just played an away game so it's 4/4 for the first 8 PL games. Absolutely astonishing set of circumstances, surely never seen before. Amazing insight from the man. We're blessed.
I’m surprised he didn’t tweet about this last season when we played 5 games out of 7 away from home between 29th October and 3rd December.

Breaking News - Cup games cause anomalies in a fixture list.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Good grief. YES.

A lot depends on how you look at it though. Given that our first game was away you would mostly expect the next to be at home which it is. So if you take that out it becomes 4 out of 6. Now one of those is the cup game where unusually we have been drawn at home but take that out and it becomes 3 out of 5.
Therefore it is really only the cup draw which has brought about this circumstance otherwise the league games are entirely unremarkable in format.
Edit:- Dazzer beat me to it, that will teach me to read all available posts before replying !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hold the nerve. I think this will all be fine. The player clearly wants the move and we clearly want him to join. I can't see the whole thing collapsing over potentially a few million quid.
Unless they do something that upsets Tony (like changing the terms after having reached an agreement)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A lot depends on how you look at it though. Given that our first game was away you would mostly expect the next to be at home which it is. So if you take that out it becomes 4 out of 6. Now one of those is the cup game where unusually we have been drawn at home but take that out and it becomes 3 out of 5.
Therefore it is really only the cup draw which has brought about this circumstance otherwise the league games are entirely unremarkable in format.
I know . The very idea that the ins and out of football stats might have an audience with football fans if you're a journalist. Read the room ! ha ha.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Unless they do something that upsets Tony (like changing the terms after having reached an agreement)
I think it is abundantly clear how important this signing would be. I don't think there's any evidence that they've changed the terms after an agreement has been reached. Given we've seemingly done all of the contract details with the player, I'd imagine it is a deal that isn't too far away. There's seemingly no other concrete interest in the player, so Fenerbache would be daft to do anything that would land them with an unhappy player who'd already packed his bags to go. It will be fine, I'm sure.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i still have the worry they are stalling this. Trying to get near the end of the window to either get more interest.

Hope i am wrong

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I think it is abundantly clear how important this signing would be. I don't think there's any evidence that they've changed the terms after an agreement has been reached. Given we've seemingly done all of the contract details with the player, I'd imagine it is a deal that isn't too far away. There's seemingly no other concrete interest in the player, so Fenerbache would be daft to do anything that would land them with an unhappy player who'd already packed his bags to go. It will be fine, I'm sure.
No one cares any more. The important thing is how much we should hate Naylor.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Obviously there is supposedly interest from Man U. Other than that, who else would possibly try to take him (if anyone)?

Hoping we can get this done before we play Man U this weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here