Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Why surprised? The club didn't write it on its website yet, leaving him without sources. There's no way for Naylor to know what is going on regarding Ferdi.
Nor anybody else really. All just Twitter rumors.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I’m surprised finger on the pulse Naylor hasn’t mentioned it.
Wow.

Naylor is a journalist so can only deal in fact. All he can really confirm is that hoards of Twitter accounts are mentioning our interest but that is complete and utter hearsay (reliable source or not) until the club make any public confirmation or advise Naylor directly.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Spot on. He never breaks any news and is, in effect, an extension of the club’s press office.

What is equally disappointing with him is that he doesn’t write any incisive profile or opinion pieces. He just aggregates “known knowns”.
The transfer stories are all broken by David Ornstein. Hence why Naylor never reports on speculation anymore, he passes his sources onto Ornstein.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Wow.

Naylor is a journalist so can only deal in fact. All he can really confirm is that hoards of Twitter accounts are mentioning our interest but that is complete and utter hearsay (reliable source or not) until the club make any public confirmation or advise Naylor directly.
Romano, Plettenburg, Ornstein etc. are also journalists. :shrug:

The view of the Naylor gang is that journalism is a concept where you sit and wait for official news and then write "these are the official news".

In reality, there's all kinds of journalists. The three above are in the "investigative" category - they break news before others do. Others, like Naylor, are in the "telling everyone what they already know" category - they break news after you've already heard them.

While I understand some people are only interested in the latter category, its silly to assume that investigative journalists don't know anything.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Wow.

The club is not the only source of fact.
If Naylor has any sources outside the club, he either doesn't trust them, or is frightened of upsetting his club sources by making stuff public that the club wants kept quiet.
If the club wants stuff kept quiet till its done, then I am glad he isn't telling it, but it also makes him largely irrelevant as a source of new information.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The club is not the only source of fact.
If Naylor has any sources outside the club, he either doesn't trust them, or is frightened of upsetting his club sources by making stuff public that the club wants kept quiet.
If the club wants stuff kept quiet till its done, then I am glad he isn't telling it, but it also makes him largely irrelevant as a source of new information.
This is a good point in reply

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Not by name, no, but he does state that more signings are “expected”.

Naylor doesn’t speculate on specifics and that is seemingly part of the Faustian pact he has with the club.
We are expecting Rutter to sign when they can find a sodding pen...does that count? Hopefully it will be a double singing announcement, with a fatboy remix. Only problem is media guys at club maynot be able to deliver at such short notice???

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Wow.

Andy Naylor...journalist...true.
Do all journalist deal in Fact....err NO.
The likes of Fab, Ornstein and Pletenburg are fed, from agents, clubs, players etc to suit there own narratives which in turn suits themselves. We have individuals that support Brighton who int turn then feed us twitter posts here on NSC and some choose to believe as fact. It's okay to have an opinion but bottom line is, Until the player is photographed holding the scarf or shirt at Amex or Lancing take everything with a pinch of salt.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

He doesn’t do himself many favours when this is the calibre of his tweets :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I find the monthly how-useful-is-Naylor conversation as tedious as other people find fish puns. Is there anyone out there that enjoys both? Just wondering if there is any overlap.
Well, for me, Naylor writes a load of old pollocks.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Not by name, no, but he does state that more signings are “expected”.

Naylor doesn’t speculate on specifics and that is seemingly part of the Faustian pact he has with the club.
Brian Owen (Argus) also did a piece this morning saying more signing (s) expected then only named Rutter.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Romano, Plettenburg, Ornstein etc. are also journalists. :shrug:

The view of the Naylor gang is that journalism is a concept where you sit and wait for official news and then write "these are the official news".

In reality, there's all kinds of journalists. The three above are in the "investigative" category - they break news before others do. Others, like Naylor, are in the "telling everyone what they already know" category - they break news after you've already heard them.

While I understand some people are only interested in the latter category, its silly to assume that investigative journalists don't know anything.
Naylor and Owen are working with their hands tied, one wrong move and the info dries up. The others don’t have direct contact with the Albion I imagine except maybe Ormstein so can reveal rumours heard with no fear of pissing of the Albion hierarchy. Just imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here