Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He's surely being targeted to play on the right, but i wonder if Estupinan is being looked at as a LCB to provide some pace there and allowing Ferdi to play LWB where he seems to play most of his games.

Great versatility to have.
Not sure the plans for Estupinan. His form fell off a cliff once he picked up a few injuries. When he got game time he was outrageously bad.

Even with a pre season in him you'd favour Barco to now be ahead of him.

The fact he's still injured and wont have a pre season. I'm not sure we'll get to see the old Perv

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure the plans for Estupinan. His form fell off a cliff once he picked up a few injuries. When he got game time he was outrageously bad.

Even with a pre season in him you'd favour Barco to now be ahead of him.

The fact he's still injured and wont have a pre season. I'm not sure we'll get to see the old Perv
I’m reserving judgement until he’s fully fit.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Bizarre that we are spending so much in this transfer window with an unproven PL rookie in charge. I wonder if RDZ was told to be patient before he went off on his January rant and media whinging? The guy got us to Europe and I confess I would have more confidence in him kicking on with what we’ve spent so far this window than I currently have in FH. More big signings potentially incoming too.

Anyway, exciting times, can’t wait for the season to start and the window to close
It was about the wage structure with RDZ. He wanted to sign players who would have demanded wages higher than our current cap (I'm convinced that Locatelli would've been top of that list for him based on fit and rumours in second half of the season).

None of our signings will be anywhere near top earners at the club, despite the fees. Heck, I doubt any of them are on more than Dahoud's current wage!

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
He's surely being targeted to play on the right, but i wonder if Estupinan is being looked at as a LCB to provide some pace there and allowing Ferdi to play LWB where he seems to play most of his games.

Great versatility to have.
Short term left cover until Pervis is fit. First choice right wing/back. Option at left wing back with barco if Pervis plays lcb which I think a great option similar to Cucurella.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’ve only just seen he’s a Left Back. Surely it’s a right back we should be prioritising?

Screenshot_2024-08-09-12-38-32-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I’m reserving judgement until he’s fully fit.
Yep, one of the first names on the team sheet pre-injury. Clearly not fully fit in that middle period between injuries, and it also coincided with the massive drop in form across the whole team because of fixture pile up. No doubt he'll come back fully fit, especially if he isn't thrown back in at the deep end.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So you reckon RDZ was told the plan and to keep his powder dry before he went off on one?

I am derailing the thread, I’ll leave it there, it’s history now.
I think Bloom and Barber always planned to step things up a notch this transfer window, but didn't involve RDZ in that because they'd decided he was too difficult to work with, and it was best to just let him have his little strop and then depart amicably with a nice send-off, while they set about finding a Coach that wasn't hot-headed and unpredictable, and who would be easier to manage and who the players would be able to work with long-term. Which wasn't the case with RDZ.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think Bloom and Barber always planned to step things up a notch this transfer window, but didn't involve RDZ in that because they'd decided he was too difficult to work with, and it was best to just let him have his little strop and then depart amicably with a nice send-off, while they set about finding a Coach that wasn't hot-headed and unpredictable, and who would be easier to manage and who the players would be able to work with long-term. Which wasn't the case with RDZ.
I also think RDZ only wanted tried and tested players. He wasn't happy with the Barco signing or baleba for that matter.

And brought washed up crap like fati and dahoud to us.

Look at the players he's brought into Marseille. Hoyberg , greenwood .... Also wants nketia. These aren't our type of players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I just see them buying players - that fit the model - where there are gaps like they always have. The money has edged up a bit given the inflationary market - but what we're spending on for example Minteh or reported on Kadioglu is similar to the fees we've spent in the past on
Baleba, Pedro, Estupinan, Cucurella, and Webster .

And the signings like Gomez, ACD, Yalcoue are similar in the past to the likes of Gilmour, Enciso, Caicedo, and Buonanotte.

And Hummels if we land him is similar to Welbeck , Milner, Lallana.

The issue with RDZ wasn't the above, or Bloom not backing him but breaking the model.
Spending wages or fees on players with little resale value, or that weren't development prospects, or buy to loan youngsters.

So you end up with Dahoud on a 5 year contract, high wages and kicking his heels in training with few clubs interested and the new coach saying he's not "in his plans" and Ansu Fati having a disastrous season and falling out with the coach and barely starting a game. No wonder Bloom/Weir/Barber were having second thoughts.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I just see them buying players - that fit the model - where there are gaps like they always have. The money has edged up a bit given the inflationary market - but what we're spending on for example Minteh or reported on Kadioglu is similar to the fees we've spent in the past on
Baleba, Pedro, Estupinan, Cucurella, and Webster .

And the signings like Gomez, ACD, Yalcoue are similar in the past to the likes of Gilmour, Enciso, Caicedo, and Buonanotte.

And Hummels if we land him is similar to Welbeck , Milner, Lallana.

The issue with RDZ wasn't the above, or Bloom not backing him but breaking the model.
Spending wages or fees on players with little resale value, or that weren't development prospects, or buy to loan youngsters.

So you end up with Dahoud on a 5 year contract, high wages and kicking his heels in training with few clubs interested and the new coach saying he's not "in his plans" and Ansu Fati having a disastrous season and falling out with the coach and barely starting a game. No wonder Bloom/Weir/Barber were having second thoughts.
Fati fell out with RDZ? Not a surprise but the first I’ve heard of it

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He publicly reprimanded him for his effort / contribution to the team several times last season. (but fair enough - might not be characterised as a "falling out". )

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think a lot of players fell out with RDZ. Or at least were not very keen on him by the end. Ferguson was definitely one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here