Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Is this whole deal becoming too complicated and drawn out?

We could always walk away from it, leave the offer on the table and leave the door ajar.

If he comes back to us at a later date, we can consider it in the light of our requirements at that point.
We could do, and I wouldn't want us to pander to agents etc., but I get the sense that modern footballers like to be courted (tapped up!). From interviews with players we have bought previously, they often talk about how we followed them for a long time, had discussions, made it known we were keen on them. If we were to offer his current club an ultimatum now - 'Take our offer or leave it' - he may feel (preciously) that he is likely to be better treated by another club. Just my thoughts.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How about us and Man Utd have a gentleman's bet on the game on Saturday.

Loser has to back out of the Kadioglu deal.

If it's a draw, we do a penalty shoot out after the fans have gone
It's going to look a bit silly as there is no reliable evidence to support Manchester United being after him at all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
36hrs or so but I felt compelled to come back to comment...not a dig Eeyore but where is any credible evidence we are after him, bar independent so called transfer gurus?
Well, this is true. But I can guarantee, we will sign him or we won't.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
36hrs or so but I felt compelled to come back to comment...not a dig Eeyore but where is any credible evidence we are after him, bar independent so called transfer gurus?
Romano - among others - have said that Brighton are interested, and are hardly independent - they're doing what agents tell them, and agents are in the know.

Romano, Plattenburg, Ornstein and a couple of other "transfer gurus" are infinitely more accurate than the "traditional" news sources (a.k.a. tabloids) that we're shitting out rumours with a 10-20% accuracy in the past.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good spot. Could it be Zaha going to palace though?
Zaha going shopping more like. His star has fallen so much that even Palace don't want him any more, and Leicester City (yes, relegation favourites Leicester City) decided he wasn't worth a punt. Probably flying home for a spot of dinner and a wander round Knightsbridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here