Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But it would be nice to stuff Russell Martin's Southampton. Being as it was alleged it was he who convinced Prichard to change his destination.
Indeed. He was the captain of Norwich who made the phone call. He allegedly also said he “didn’t care about his friends in Brighton”.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
No hurry at this point. Too late for him to play against Everton anyway. Don't think there will be a confirmation tonight.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If this goes through, we're going to have to start calling it Türkiye, out of respect.

Kadıoğlu grew up in the Netherlands, fact fans, and only moved to Istanbul when he was about 21, to join Fenerbahce. Thus I am assuming he speaks Dutch and excellent English, as well as Turkish. Good news for JPVH, Joel and Bart.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If this goes through, we're going to have to start calling it Türkiye, out of respect.

Kadıoğlu grew up in the Netherlands, fact fans, and only moved to Istanbul when he was about 21, to join Fenerbahce. Thus I am assuming he speaks Dutch and excellent English, as well as Turkish. Good news for JPVH, Joel and Bart.
Excellent English? It seems to be his preference to speak it when interviewed in Turkey:

English to a standard, dare I say, above that of our very own Wayne Rooney.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent English? It seems to be his preference to speak it when interviewed in Turkey:

English to a standard, dare I say, above that of our very own Wayne Rooney.

Ah ok, yeah that was my assumption, given that school kids in the Netherlands all learn English to a very high standard. Surprising that he's doing that interview with a Turkish TV channel in English, but then again his parents are Turkish and Dutch-Canadian, so maybe growing up in Arnhem, he didn't speak a lot of Turkish at home.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Ah ok, yeah that was my assumption, given that school kids in the Netherlands all learn English to a very high standard. Surprising that he's doing that interview with a Turkish TV channel in English, but then again his parents are Turkish and Dutch-Canadian, so maybe growing up in Arnhem, he didn't speak a lot of Turkish at home.
Yup, until recently, the Turkish had strict restrictions on the number of foreigners. With only a limited number of players really being good enough for the top teams, they've tried to sign pretty much anyone with a Turkish citizenship and the slightest bit of talent. Quite possible he is "more Dutch than Turkish".

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Kadıoğlu grew up in the Netherlands, fact fans, and only moved to Istanbul when he wa s about 21, to join Fenerbahce. Thus I am assuming he speaks Dutch and excellent English, as well as Turkish. Good news for JPVH, Joel and Bart.
And Wieffer

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA

Oooooh, 1/4 Canadian, you say? I hope he's no hoser and knows how to pepper his English with ehs in their proper context.

Eh..JPG

I also want to hear him pronounce Toronto -- if he says Tronna, we'll know his mum is from the GTA, lol

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021

Here he is speaking Dutch with Andy Van der Meijde...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And Wieffer
I knew there was one I'd forgotten! We'll have to rebrand a small corner of Hove "Little Amsterdam" soon.

Minus the coffee shops and brothels, of course.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I knew there was one I'd forgotten! We'll have to rebrand a small corner of Hove "Little Amsterdam" soon.

Minus the coffee shops and brothels, of course.

Got to get the Dutch Dance in honour of our Dutch players.

One of my highlights and lasting memories of Euro 2024.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
This morning the big Turkish dailies are claiming he's off to Brighton, just details to finalise between the clubs. And one says he might go to Man U instead. I hope that's cleared it up for everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here