Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think that both Kadıoğlu and Gomez are done and we are just spreading out the announcements.

Whether there will be a 3rd signing before deadline is more uncertain.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a follow up to this involving a fez being stuck on his head and a kebab glued to his hand to try and further the illusion, but I'm worried that at some point I'd take it too far so I'm not going to write any of that.
Just like that?

1724703953880.png

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I have a follow up to this involving a fez being stuck on his head and a kebab glued to his hand to try and further the illusion, but I'm worried that at some point I'd take it too far so I'm not going to write any of that.
I promise you this is true.

I had just finished reading your post, and on my TV, I'm half-watching an episode of 'Caught on Dashcam', and the commentator says 'like those Sharknado movies'.

What are the chances of that happening, eh?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

I had just finished reading your post, and on my TV, I'm half-watching an episode of 'Caught on Dashcam', and the commentator says 'like those Sharknado movies'.

I've seen about 5minutes of the end of one of them.

David Hasslehoff was in it for some reason, and somebody chainsawed their way out of the belly of a shark.

Didn't feel any need to watch any more of them. I've got Godfrey Ho ninja films to watch if I want a "so bad it's good" vive.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've seen about 5minutes of the end of one of them.

David Hasslehoff was in it for some reason, and somebody chainsawed their way out of the belly of a shark.

Didn't feel any need to watch any more of them. I've got Godfrey Ho ninja films to watch if I want a "so bad it's good" vive.
I'd never heard of Godfrey Ho ninja films, but I'll file it away for future reference.
Do you think we ought to get back to Ferdi?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
What I mean is we're not buying up the biggest and best like Blackburn did, or just buying a lot of players like Forest did. It feels like Bloom's masterplan has been leading up to this moment all along.

No, the West Hams and Villas, Leeds and Newcastle before them all spent big on established Prem players, and that did not go under the radar. I just watched Limeker, Shearer and Micah's podcast prediction for the 2024/25 season team by team, and they have not got a f***ing clue what is going on, no reasearch done whatsoever. Indeed, Richards spent all of his Albion segment laughing at how he had mispronounced Gross "Pascal Grow" (silent esses) before all 3 agreed ""yeah, midtable" and moved on swiftly - and more enthusiastically - to Chelsea.

I think this is the biggest assault on a Top 6 spot by a club outside the Big 10 ever in the Prem. But under the radar because it's all about the Top 6 clubs.
Agree. I'm not being precious but the punditry on what's going on with us is abysmal. I quite like it that way though. We are going to finish above one of the 'top 8' as at absolute minimum and no-one is seeing this. Only Carragher seems to have mentioned Albion in any sense when he named Minteh as the player to watch this year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the proper gag is:
- Brighton have just signed a player from Celtic!
- Oh really?
- No, O’Riley.

Yeah, but I was replying to someone who'd spelled his name incorrectly, so I was just joining in

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree. I'm not being precious but the punditry on what's going on with us is abysmal. I quite like it that way though. We are going to finish above one of the 'top 8' as at absolute minimum and no-one is seeing this. Only Carragher seems to have mentioned Albion in any sense when he named Minteh as the player to watch this year.

Has Merson made his annual Albion to be relegated forecast?

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024

'Quite high' is the disappointing answer.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Well, that's taken the wind out of my sails. There was me thinking I was onto something ethereal or other-worldly, but you bring me crashing back down to earth.

I feel crushed.
Please don’t.

Think about it. Thousands of times a day, one has a thought or hears or reads or sees a cultural reference without there being any coincidental mention on TV. The law of averages says this is expected and predictable. However the same law of averages says that just now and then, perhaps every few hundreds of thousands of instances, two of these cultural references will coincide to give you that frisson of excitement. This was one of those rare but inevitable instances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here