Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fencing and stuff

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hi there! I am a local fencer (MW Fencing) I would be happy to come out and give you a free estimate. I also give a discount to fellow Brighton supporters.

Hi,I will need a new fence soon,i will give you a call.I also need to give a bloody great tree a good hair cut thats taking over my garden.does anyone know a good chainsaw wielder?.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hi there! I am a local fencer (MW Fencing) I would be happy to come out and give you a free estimate. I also give a discount to fellow Brighton supporters.

Cool. Any rough idea (ball-park figure) to bung in four 6ft panels of THESE suckers ?

540052-ab0-00co_medium.jpg

Posts are already in the ground. I might still have a go meself, but if you're CHEAP then I might just weigh things up....

:)

The Fence Man

Nov 10, 2008
Cool. Any rough idea (ball-park figure) to bung in four 6ft panels of THESE suckers ?

540052-ab0-00co_medium.jpg

Posts are already in the ground. I might still have a go meself, but if you're CHEAP then I might just weigh things up....

:)

Really would not be able to give you a price without looking at it....sorry. But more than happy to come out and have a look.

The Fence Man

Nov 10, 2008
Hi,I will need a new fence soon,i will give you a call.I also need to give a bloody great tree a good hair cut thats taking over my garden.does anyone know a good chainsaw wielder?.

Look forward to hearing from you. Just remember to quote the north stand chat!

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I think the fence panels are held in the ground using something like these
31z4tXfKL6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I reckon it'll be WELL hard to get the old posts out of those.
I just want to pay someone and FORGET about it till they've done it.

I wouldn't use those Easy, as soon as the gound gets wet and the wind blows they bcome unstable.
You need to by wooden fence panels,concrete posts and concrete gravel boards and. put a post in the ground and firmly put a dry concrete mix around the post.The moisture in the ground will set the concrete hard.This kind of fencing will last longer than metal post spikes.
Hope this is of any help.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't use those Easy, as soon as the gound gets wet and the wind blows they bcome unstable.
You need to by wooden fence panels,concrete posts and concrete gravel boards and. put a post in the ground and firmly put a dry concrete mix around the post.The moisture in the ground will set the concrete hard.This kind of fencing will last longer than metal post spikes.
Hope this is of any help.

Cheers Champion, but the originals have lasted for about 6 or 7 years, and its not the bottom of the fence thats become unstable. The panels themselves have just loosened and fallen apart over time. This weekends battering was the last straw for them, but the foundations are still SECURE. I can't remember whether they're set in concrete, its something I'll have a look at over the weekend as its dark when I leave and get back thse days...

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I have a series of 6 foot wooden fence panels in my back garden. The only problem is, half them are now lying in BITS all over my lawn, and the stuff thats left standing is lurching at some CRAZY angles, and probably won't survive much more of this completely uncalled-for BATTERING we are getting from the weather.

Being as I'm not completely sure which way round to hold a hammer, I am reluctant to attempt reparing this myself. Can anyone recommend a good FENCING firm to bung up three or four replacement fence panels ? I know if I do it, it'll just be in BITS again at the first light breeze. I don't want to pay very much either.

Anyone ?
You don't want a flimsy old fence, Easy, you want a good solid brick wall, and I know just the man to build it:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You don't want a flimsy old fence, Easy, you want a good solid brick wall, and I know just the man to build it:thumbsup:

Cheers mister dad, I'm sure you'd build a wall to be PROUD
But I likes me WOOD in the garden.

:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Make sure whoever puts them up, either uses gravel boards along the bottom or does not put them in contact with the ground. They will last twice as long. Better still have feather edge fencing for three times lifespan. (With gravel boards.):thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Easy, as Skipper said i would seriously think about replacing the whole fence with featheredge.

If not pm me your addy and number and i will come and have a look for you.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I know nothing about fencing, but if you want a quote on getting old shelves ripped off the wall, then I'm your man.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Easy, you've turned NSC into the Friday-Ad!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry about that :blush:

Hey, anyone want to start a PERSONALS section ? :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here