Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fencing and stuff

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have a series of 6 foot wooden fence panels in my back garden. The only problem is, half them are now lying in BITS all over my lawn, and the stuff thats left standing is lurching at some CRAZY angles, and probably won't survive much more of this completely uncalled-for BATTERING we are getting from the weather.

Being as I'm not completely sure which way round to hold a hammer, I am reluctant to attempt reparing this myself. Can anyone recommend a good FENCING firm to bung up three or four replacement fence panels ? I know if I do it, it'll just be in BITS again at the first light breeze. I don't want to pay very much either.

Anyone ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have a series of 6 foot wooden fence panels in my back garden. The only problem is, half them are now lying in BITS all over my lawn, and the stuff thats left standing is lurching at some CRAZY angles, and probably won't survive much more of this completely uncalled-for BATTERING we are getting from the weather.

Being as I'm not completely sure which way round to hold a hammer, I am reluctant to attempt reparing this myself. Can anyone recommend a good FENCING firm to bung up three or four replacement fence panels ? I know if I do it, it'll just be in BITS again at the first light breeze. I don't want to pay very much either.

Anyone ?

I've used Sector UK ( based in Patcham ) and can't fault them. Highly recommend you get a quote to replace the panels with featherboards - much stronger and I was midly erosed at how non-expensive they are !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks WS, I they will now be added to my list of quotee's.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can confirm that despite an horrendously poor track record with anything vaguely DIY, I have managed to successfully erect fencing panels. Get yourself down to Wickes, but enough panels and those big sticks they slot into and a couple of bags of quick-drying cement.

You'll be surprised how easy it is.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the fence panels are held in the ground using something like these
31z4tXfKL6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I reckon it'll be WELL hard to get the old posts out of those.
I just want to pay someone and FORGET about it till they've done it.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

try Theo. G. Fumbly & Sons.

("An honest days pay for an honest days work. No job too small")

46 Pipsqueak Avenue
Southwick

He painted my Gran's lavatory and did a stirling job in there.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Christ Easy you must have money to burn.....

i am no Bob the Builder, but even i did the fencing at our place with a little help from a mate, its a piece of piss, and your only talking about 3 or 4 fence panels.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Christ Easy you must have money to burn.....

i am no Bob the Builder, but even i did the fencing at our place with a little help from a mate, its a piece of piss, and your only talking about 3 or 4 fence panels.

You can get by with a little help from your friends.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'll have a proper look at the weekend to scratch my head and see whats involved. If I can bodge it then I'll try I suppose.
Bloody HATE DIY

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
On top of that Easy the quotes will be ridiculously high as there will be dozens of Shmuks like you ringing up for a quote and willing to give there money away.

Christ i think i might become a fence fitter ! Easy Money.

Or is that EASY'S money....literally

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

You dig them out. It's a big old hole, but you dig a bit wobble them, dig a bit more, wobble them again etc. You get there before long.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
nails drive home easy10. it may be down to thy neighbour to replace......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sadly not. Its DEFFO on my side. There's a smaller fence behind it.

The Fence Man

Nov 10, 2008
Fencing

Hi there! I am a local fencer (MW Fencing) I would be happy to come out and give you a free estimate. I also give a discount to fellow Brighton supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here