Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feeling a little sick...

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
Deportivo Seagull said:
Why the hell would you want to see this ... It's not a show, you bunch of sick gits ... get a life for christ sake .....

Think on it , you have just seen someone life extinguished . A son, a brother etc. This man suffered terribly and you want to watch it, it snot a sodding soap ... i give up, hope you f**king nightmares :angry:
i agree that its a sick thing to see, but what do we do?
do we bury our heads in the sand and pretend its not happening?
how do the terrorists win by us watching the video? everyone i know who has seen the video is disgusted, reviled and even more determined to beat these fuckers....
i know its not the same thing, but if Michael Buerk hadnt gone to Ethiopia in 1984 and shown all the harrowing scenes of suffering, would the world have acted? would the world have known?
it wasnt pleasant to watch people dying of starvation, but i personally, had the chance to switch off...instead i chose to watch and learn, despite the suffering of others.
i'm not comparing the two...just trying to illustrate a point.
i dont have any answers to resolve the terrorism issue, but what i do know is that i live in a ( supposed ) free society that lets me have the choice of knowing the truth or ignoring it...
it's my choice to try and find out what these terrorist fuckers are up to and its tragically going to be gruesome whether i like it or not

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Point taken, the problem I have is that some people are treating it as some reality TV show. When people from all sides of the political spectrum, including those whose sympaphies lie with the bastard who did this, condemn it out of hand, do you really need to see it for yourself.
This is no different to people who watch video clips of car crashes knowing full well that unless the person in car was superman then they're brownbread ... sorry its sick

As for Ethiopia, I watched the first two minutes and that was enough, i got off my arse and sent a donation.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
dave the gaffer said:
maybe a silly question, but why would you feel the need to watch it in the first place?

My thoughts exactly. I think there is a pretty clear distinction between knowingly watching an act of sickening, premeditated violence and seing a report on starvation in Ethiopia.

i'm a bit torn

i started this thread after watching the video - a mate at uni was sent it and i just flippantly watched it aswell.

on the one hand i feel bad because one moment i was just happily sat in the library joking with my mates (NOT about the video or the war) then the next i was watching a man's life snuffed out for no reason in possibly the most gruesome way imaginable. i felt really disgusted but just couldn't look away, don't know why.

i felt like i wanted to forget about it but then also felt that the least this guy deserved was to be remembered and for me to feel some sort of hatred towards the guys that did it to him.

f***ing sick world sometimes

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I havnt watched it and dont inteend to, though I must admit I am tempted. I know thats wrong but im curious. However, I have just told myself im not going to watch it. The fact i know that humans can be so disgusting to each other is enough, I dont want further evidence of this.

It is totally disgusting, and if being slaughtered like an animal was bad enough, it was filmed and sent around the world. You have to feel for the family and friends of the poor guy, a loved one, brother, son who knows what else. Mindlessly murdered by f***ing sicko's.

Im 100% behind Deportivo Seagull. It's not a show, its real life. Had this been a film I would have found it disturbing enough. But to know this actually happens in a so called 'civilised' world is quite frankly totally and unterrably wrong.

Fatboy - why on earth are you posting a link. Please delete it - or i'll get the mods to. If people are sick enough to want to watch something like that, dont make it easy for them by giving them a link. let the sick bastards go and search for it themselves.

I can understand people wanting to see it. Im curious. But the very fact that it isnt a reconstruction of an event, its actually a human being loosing his life is enough for me. Im not going to watch it. I hope anyone who does WANT to watch it through some sick and twisted desire to see someone die has nightmares.

sorry if this dont make sence. I just wrote it as i was thinking.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
the full harris said:
why the f*** would anyone want to watch this video?

To right.

You'd have to be pretty sick up stairs to go out of your way to find it and watch it. I simply cannot understand why anyone would do that to another human being, but even worse human beings wanting to watch us do that kinda crap to each other!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Biscuit said:
I simply cannot understand why anyone would do that to another human being,

but even worse human beings wanting to watch us do that kinda crap to each other!

Hardly worse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here