Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

feel so sorry for dean wilkins

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
i am just a woman so i know my opinion will be shot down in flames, but i feel so sorry for dean wilkins... he had built up a good team, just before xmas before it all blows up in his face ( and not down to him i may add )
and now................... who knows what will happen but i for one fear for the rest of this season and how many of you will blame the manager????
i hope i'm wrong and that we will go on from here,,, but i fear the loss of hammond and the ever willing revell will end in tears....
please lets hope the manager doesn't walk away because if he does, i for one after loving the albion for more that 30 years may just be reduced to walk away too..... and trust me noone loves the albion more than me, but enough is enough.
cheer me up someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee :nono::nono:

Very very sensible post. I think his squad has been destoryed by egos, agents and money problems. Wilkins is doing a good job.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You said it yourself love..just what we expect from a women.

No not really- very nice comments.:cry:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I don't feel sorry for him per se.. he's a football man and should know that the cookie doesn't always crumble the way you want....He's a manager, for a club with a potentially big future, and if he hangs on for the ride - he'll be walking out in a new stadium with all the plaudits that may bring him. He'll know the whys and wherefors of what has just transpired and he's still with us - if he didn't like it that much he would have hiked by now...

i am just a woman so i know my opinion will be shot down in flames, but i feel so sorry for dean wilkins... he had built up a good team, just before xmas before it all blows up in his face ( and not down to him i may add )
and now................... who knows what will happen but i for one fear for the rest of this season and how many of you will blame the manager????
i hope i'm wrong and that we will go on from here,,, but i fear the loss of hammond and the ever willing revell will end in tears....
please lets hope the manager doesn't walk away because if he does, i for one after loving the albion for more that 30 years may just be reduced to walk away too..... and trust me noone loves the albion more than me, but enough is enough.

Quite good, several emotionally expressive bits, followed by mention of tears, then an ultimatum and some toys out of the pram.

Didn't we used to date?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I think what has happened to Dean is otherwise known as FOOTBALL. Yes, things may have gone wrong for him, but he has to pick himself and the team up, look forward, forget the past and start to re-build the morale. Overall, the team may only be slightly worse of than what it was before hand; give him time to re-structure and hopefully we can see good performences again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think this is the first time in a long while that I have heard a woman talking sense. Top post, although never give up, still support the Seagulls, unless of course you are Sarah Watts or Liz Costa in which case I am less keen to see you around the Withdean.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I,too,feel sorry for Dean Wilkins.He is a clueless novice promoted beyond his ability and should be shown the door gently.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dean Wilkins is potentially one of the best managers this club has had, but only potentially. He needs time and he needs the boards backing with investment in the squad. It would also be nice if when young players develop and improve under his stewardship if the chairman realised that they will expect more money. No point going on about how great our youth set up is if you don't then try and keep them.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Dean Wilkins is potentially one of the best managers this club has had, but only potentially. He needs time and he needs the boards backing with investment in the squad. It would also be nice if when young players develop and improve under his stewardship if the chairman realised that they will expect more money. No point going on about how great our youth set up is if you don't then try and keep them.

.............and this potential is exhibited how?

He had a youth team that got to a youth quarter final,and on this he has been promoted to first team coach/manager.We now employ niaive schoolboy tactics where the ball is lumped about and everyone chases it.

The only time he needs is to clear his desk.

The end.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

Mark McGhee missed a hatful of transfers that were down to the wire, but I recall the fans were merciless in having any empathy for him.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Quite good, several emotionally expressive bits, followed by mention of tears, then an ultimatum and some toys out of the pram.

Didn't we used to date?
:laugh::laugh::laugh::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
guinea-pig.jpg

Does this cute little fella put a smile on your face?

Cuy

cuy_roasting.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Didn't we used to date?

That it actually quite an amusing comment NMH. 8.3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here