Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fee agreed for Ipswich midfielder

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
can i just point out yet again that we have money and the people that bang the no money drum are wide of the mark. We have more if the right player comes up

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he reads like a fair player on wilkpedia and some good goals on you tube - ex striker dropped back to midfield.
rated by ipswich fas as bordering first team so looks like a seriously good buy if Wednesday dont get in first???
Not creative as such but a potential scorer.
Now what about richards as the holding player?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Albion set to sign Ipswich midfielder
By Andy Naylor
ALBION are poised to complete the capture of Ipswich midfielder George O'Callaghan.

The Seagulls have agreed a fee of around £60,000 for the Republic of Ireland playmaker, with a further £15,000 to be paid depending on appearances.

O'Callaghan is heading south to discuss personal terms and the deal should be completed tonight or tomorrow.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sounds very hopeful.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Town Chief Executive Derek Bowden has confirmed that the Club have accepted an offer from Brighton for George O'Callaghan.

The midfielder, who is 28 next week, will now travel to the south coast to speak to the League One side about personal terms.

Breaking the news to the Club website, Derek said: "We have agreed a fee with Brighton for George and have given them permission to speak to him about personal terms."

George joined Town from Cork in January and has made 12 appearances for Town, scoring one goal.

Hardly experienced then...

He played for Port Vale before signing for Cork

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hopefully a loan signing or two as well and then that should put to bed any fears about struggling this season

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I wonder if the board did this to ease the pressure on Wilkins from the fans?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
No win from the next two and lets get Martin Allen in....asap!

I personally would get him in NOW!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
No win from the next two and lets get Martin Allen in....asap!

I personally would get him in NOW!

Byf dont think thats going to happen now.Best to get behind him and the team for now.If with new players it is still shit the fans and the board will start to ask serious questions very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here