• Federer

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Murray

Votes: 96 80.7%

• Total voters

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Murray has been playing some great tennis on his off-court conduct and demeanour is much better than in the past. He fully deserves to be in the final.

We Brits also need to get this Fred Perry monkey off our backs. I'd wish the old sulky Murray to win for that reason alone, but I believe the guy is showing signs of maturity and derserves our full support tonight.

Sod's Law for him that if he does win in any other year he'd walk Sportsperson Of The Year, but for the British Olympic Miracle...

Very true. The improvement in his game in the last 6 months has been nothing short of amazing. All he work he did in the gym and on the track last winter is paying off nicely. I didn't really think he'd beat Rafa but he played superbly, especially on Sat evening. He looks much stronger. The stats on his serve alone were very impressive against anybody, but against the worl no. 1 - outstanding.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I just can't bring myself to cheer him on - Plus I couldn't give a shit about Tennis anyway.

The main reason I can't cheer him on is the Sports personality of the year award. One of the Olympians should get it. I couldn't bear it if his gurning, floppy haired, twat of a face was to receive it.

I'll be at my Alpine lodge munching Toblerone, putting my cukoo clock on the wall whilst transferring my assets to a Swiss bank account. Come on Roge. Do it for the Matterhorn.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think Federer is not only one of the best people ever to perform in his chosen sport, he is also practically a walking dictionary definition of a true gentleman and a nice, modest guy with little to be modest about - a rare combination. Those bemoaning his lack of "personality" no doubt look up to knuckle-dragging thugs like Wayne "cigarettes" Rooney and Joey Barton but I know which I'd prefer to support.

Having said that, I think Murray deserves to win and I want him to - he's obviously grafted his arse off this year and I love watching his fighting spirit. It should be a great, well-matched contest; it's a tough one to call.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I just can't bring myself to cheer him on - Plus I couldn't give a shit about Tennis anyway.

The main reason I can't cheer him on is the Sports personality of the year award. One of the Olympians should get it. I couldn't bear it if his gurning, floppy haired, twat of a face was to receive it.

I'll be at my Alpine lodge munching Toblerone, putting my cukoo clock on the wall whilst transferring my assets to a Swiss bank account. Come on Roge. Do it for the Matterhorn.

The problem is, WHICH Olympian should get it? I agree Team GB have been awesome and an inspiration, but how could you single out any individual? You could argue Chris Hoy for getting the most, but then ultimately they are all for incredibly similar events, plenty of people had not heard of him a month ago, and in another month's time he'll start to disappear from the public eye again. If you were going to give it to a cyclist, I'd argue Cavendish's exploits on the tour were far superior.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Murray. Great to see a Brit with an attitude and an edge that makes him a winner. I don't necessarily 'like' the guy but that's not the point.
Question is, how to watch it without Sky? No good going to the pub, too late. Footie you can follow on the radio but tennis? My brain can't cope with it.
PG

Much as I'd like Murray to do it, and normally wouldn't mind a 'plucky Scot' doing something great - the chat-room verbage I read yesterday from Scots calling the English names makes me realise it just won't work for us if a jock succeeds in something.

So eff off fuzzy ginge, and come on the nice fresh-faced chap from the neutral country and cream the scrawny git - do it for The ENGLISH

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I'd love Murray to win but I doubt whether he can reproduce the standard of tennis of the last couple of days. Anything less and Federer will triumph.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
I dont want Murray to win the same way he doesn't want England to win. All just banter though. I don't dislike him, the same way he doesn't dislike England...... plus i will probably still cheer for him when hes playing ..... us English are just too nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here