Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fecking sack him!

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I have always supported SC, despite his Palace connections.

Ideally I would like him to be our manager when we walk out at Falmer.

BUT I am getting totally pissed off with the way we are being f***ed about. He clearly doesn't really want to stay, it is just a case of him finalising his deal with Reading. If that is the case Dick should tell him to clear his desk and f*** off!

Can you imagine any other job where your boss knows you are considering leaving, and waits happily while you finalise your new salary etc before handing in your notice.

Steve you are either with us, or your not. You clearly are not any longer. So f*** OFF.

I look forward to taking 6 points off you and your Reading scum next season. That's if they haven't sacked you for not getting promotion.

You are making a big mistake leaving us for Reading. But don't piss us about any longer. Just go.

And relax.....

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If he does stay I ain't half going to look a prat. I've been slagging him off all day!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Er....no.

So what if he's thinking about it? He's weighing things up. I'd sooner he took time than just 'f***ed off'.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brovian said:
If he does stay I ain't half going to look a prat. I've been slagging him off all day!

That's ok. I'm sure we'll forgive you

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If he stays i will be happy but i must tell you i won't be happy with the way he has dealt with this. He should have kept schtum every time he was asked a question about the job and just said he was going to concentrate on the job in hand, managing BHA FC. Instead he has admitted that he's torn between the jobs and that he might stay but the stadium is a big factor. How would you feel if your boss had done that, if they were being offered a new job and told you they were thinking of leaving and then stayed, you'd be unsettled and every time a job came up you would get to thinking if they were going to leave or not. It wouldn't be deemed to professional and certainly isn't in this case.

It should have gone like this.

Reporter: Are you going to Reading?

SC: I am manager of Brighton and Hove Albion FC, anything i say could be twisted to sound like something else so i'm keeping schtum. Now f*** off and let me do my job. Ta.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hang on a second. Think about this for a moment.

SC's name is always going to be linked with top jobs when they come up - does that mean we don't want him? We want a manager who is going to be really successful, but whose name is not linked with top vacancies - well that person doesn't exist.

Also, think about this as if it were your job. You're offered a nice job, better salary etc. - what do you do? Make a snap decision and go? No. You think about it. Fortunately, as your job is not in the media spotlight, you're not going to get reporters second guessing you every day.

I think SC is handling this as well as can be expected.

It goes to show how good our club is that he is taking this long to make his mind up. At another club in the same situation he may well have been out of the door as soon as Madjedski called.

NOTE: I don't see the Reading job as a top job. Madjedski's tight and they'll never make the premiership.

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
Never mind not getting any compo, you'd have to pay Coppell off for the remainder of his contract if you sacked him.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Hamilton said:
Hang on a second. Think about this for a moment.

SC's name is always going to be linked with top jobs when they come up - does that mean we don't want him? We want a manager who is going to be really successful, but whose name is not linked with top vacancies - well that person doesn't exist.

Also, think about this as if it were your job. You're offered a nice job, better salary etc. - what do you do? Make a snap decision and go? No. You think about it. Fortunately, as your job is not in the media spotlight, you're not going to get reporters second guessing you every day.

I think SC is handling this as well as can be expected.

It goes to show how good our club is that he is taking this long to make his mind up. At another club in the same situation he may well have been out of the door as soon as Madjedski called.

NOTE: I don't see the Reading job as a top job. Madjedski's tight and they'll never make the premiership.

I tend to think he is taking his time to make us feel better which he is not as the longer it goes on the more im getting pissed off as are reading and madjeski might get pi-ssed off with waiting.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Wait for him to say he's staying and let Reading appoint someone else, then sack him. He obviously doesn't really want to be Brighton manager so do we really want him?

Personally I want someone who really wants to be Brighton manager in the job. I wanted him to stay at the start of all this but the longer he allows it to drag on the more pissed off with him I get.

I'm afraid he has behaved very poorly in all this. He should either have kept quiet until it was all finalised and just gone or simply told Reading that he was happy where he was and sent them packing.

f***ing Reading ****s.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Berkshire, if he does stay, will you change your signature? Or is that sentiment here for good?

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Does he really think that taking his time to make the decision to join Reading will make us feel any better?

Get real. At the end of the day he doesn't give a monkey's how we feel.

Knight needs to show leadership. Tell Coppell to go if he's going and stop pissing about.

Then he needs to think about what kind of manager we want to manage this club.

What about a clause in the contract saying you are NOT allowed to talk to rivals or clubs in higher division. It will reduce the number of applicants who only come to Brighton because they are out of work and think they can bugger us about.

The alternative is that we go through all this again in 12-18 months.

I rather have a manager who wants to manage Brighton because they believe in Knight's vision.

Rant over.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
tadley gull said:
What about a clause in the contract saying you are NOT allowed to talk to rivals or clubs in higher division. It will reduce the number of applicants who only come to Brighton because they are out of work and think they can bugger us about.

Sorry to say this but if we put this clause in a contract they will only do Pardew and walk out anyway.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here