Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feckin Away Members Scheme

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Im a member, but my misses isnt! i usually go to the away games alone, but gonna bring her to the reading game! but coz shes not on the away members scheme cant get her a ticket! bollox. do all clubs have an away members poxy scheme? its total shit! :angry:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
brighton_b0y said:
Im a member, but my misses isnt! i usually go to the away games alone, but gonna bring her to the reading game! but coz shes not on the away members scheme cant get her a ticket! bollox. do all clubs have an away members poxy scheme? its total shit! :angry:

i believe they've gone on general sale today ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh for f*** SAKE.

Why do people criticise this scheme so much?? It's 10 quid for life and will guaruntee you tickets to big games ahead of non members and YES other clubs do have them.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
I had a similar problem, having sussed rather late than because I'd reduced from two season tickets to one, I'd need an AMS membership for my wife. I rang up the club shop on Fri, they sent an application form which arrived on Sat, which I filled in, and sent off with a request for a Reading ticket, which arrived on Tuesday. The club is administratively amazingly efficient. As Chapmans points out, it's only a tenner - or a fiver for kids. There are so many big games this season where you'll want to take friends/family, I'd be surprised if loads of people haven't been joining up recently.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Oh for f*** SAKE.

Why do people criticise this scheme so much?? It's 10 quid for life and will guaruntee you tickets to big games ahead of non members and YES other clubs do have them.
i fuckin criticise the scheme coz my bird aint a brighton fan and its a one off shes coming to a away game. I shouldnt have to register her for one game. I'm also at work, don't have any of her details with me to even register her! why the f*** have it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
why the f*** have it.

not sure of all the reasons but heres a couple:

Safety, I think the FA or someone deemed it better to have secure numbers at matches to avoid a possible repeat of the Hillsborough diasaster.

Hooligans, somehow they can keep better track of them or something?! ??? f*** knows!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What the point of the scheme if you don't register. And what happens next time she goes to "a one off".

Anyway, besides the point. Do we really still need the scheme, can't quite remember the circumstances that led to it in the first place.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
my other half is a member and doesn't go to many games at all, about six in the last 3 years. Worth paying up, I think its a good idea personally.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
brighton_b0y said:

For f***'s sake....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
balloonboy said:
I had a similar problem, having sussed rather late than because I'd reduced from two season tickets to one, I'd need an AMS membership for my wife.

Season ticket holders who cease to become season ticket holders are still AMS members.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
I shouldnt have to register her for one game. I'm also at work, don't have any of her details with me to even register her! why the f*** have it.

details required: Name and address. Shirley you know them ??? apply when getting tickets, sorted there and then, even by post.

Its to curb the unruly element, so they know who has each and every ticket. Not al clubs but certainly most have some form of scheme. Some require you to pay up each season, example Millwall.

And its £10 more to the player budget ffs.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
brighton_b0y said:
i fuckin criticise the scheme coz my bird aint a brighton fan and its a one off shes coming to a away game. I shouldnt have to register her for one game. I'm also at work, don't have any of her details with me to even register her! why the f*** have it.

what a skin flint ,its only £10 and you never know for some stupid reason she might want to go again one day

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
its a good scheme and stops those who just go to the big games once or twice a season taking the tickets instead of those who go regularly.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
saafend_seagull said:
its a good scheme and stops those who just go to the big games once or twice a season taking the tickets instead of those who go regularly.

Please explain how. There are something like 10k+ signed up to this scheme, however when the demand for tickets outstrips the supply (Swindon or Grimsby), the scheme offers no priority to those that go reguarly over those who are members but only go to the London games.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
the scheme offers no priority to those that go reguarly over those who are members but only go to the London games.

and so it should'nt, just because someone goes to all games of the season does'nt mean they should get first dibs, other people may not be able to go to any games for any reason yet are desperate to get a ticket....what happens when its first dibs to "priority" members and it gets sold out.....not fair then!

First come first served is simplest IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here