Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FDM's Appreciation Dinner - Full set of pictures

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Marvellous scenes. Glad to see that the fans gave the great man the celebratory evening that he deserves!

Also, thank you for posting the photos! :smile:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Fair enough... would have been a nice gesture though..although might have taken attention away from him I guess..

If there was a club representative, there would have been several threads on here this morning that FDM was resigning for the club.

photo 86 needs a caption competition!!!!!

" oi oi Officer"
This one ...

p395443185-3.jpg

"Come quietly, sir"
"Only if you do"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the person in that photo was more interested in taking photos of kuipers bottom.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wanted to speak to the big fella before I posted on here...

Michel was so pleased and proud with the whole evening - the people, the meal, the presents, the ambience. He'd had an idea as to how it might go, but it went far better than he ever could have imagined. He just wants to say a big thanks once again to everyone who came along and made the evening so special for him and Rebecca - it's something that can never be taken from him and will stay with him till the day he dies (his words).

A couple of other things from Rebecca... the flowers are taking pride of place in the living room, and the engraved glass bowl on its plinth will find its central space on their sideboard.

During Paul Samrah's excellent speech, he read out a Kuipers quote from 2007;

"I love Brighton and, besides my family, the Club is the closest thing to my heart. I'm just Brighton through and through. I'm not just a player, but I'm a supporter, a massive fan of this club..."

Now maybe someone else saw this (I know I didn't), but at the point when Paul read that out, Kuipers choked up and NEARLY broke down into tears, but managed to compose himself for when he had to say a few words a few minutes later. If he'd have asked to say something there and then, he wouldn't have been able to.

So when someone asked on here 'was he emotional?', the answer is 'Yes', but no-one saw it.

And from mine and Paul Samrah's point of view, I want to thank Michel for all his hard work over the past 10 years, and thank everyone who came along and contributed to making it such a great night.

Cheers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very enjoyable night being ragged by a president, quite fun

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I wanted to speak to the big fella before I posted on here...

Michel was so pleased and proud with the whole evening - the people, the meal, the presents, the ambience. He'd had an idea as to how it might go, but it went far better than he ever could have imagined. He just wants to say a big thanks once again to everyone who came along and made the evening so special for him and Rebecca - it's something that can never be taken from him and will stay with him till the day he dies (his words).

A couple of other things from Rebecca... the flowers are taking pride of place in the living room, and the engraved glass bowl on its plinth will find its central space on their sideboard.

During Paul Samrah's excellent speech, he read out a Kuipers quote from 2007;

"I love Brighton and, besides my family, the Club is the closest thing to my heart. I'm just Brighton through and through. I'm not just a player, but I'm a supporter, a massive fan of this club..."

Now maybe someone else saw this (I know I didn't), but at the point when Paul read that out, Kuipers choked up and NEARLY broke down into tears, but managed to compose himself for when he had to say a few words a few minutes later. If he'd have asked to say something there and then, he wouldn't have been able to.

So when someone asked on here 'was he emotional?', the answer is 'Yes', but no-one saw it.

And from mine and Paul Samrah's point of view, I want to thank Michel for all his hard work over the past 10 years, and thank everyone who came along and contributed to making it such a great night.

Cheers.

Your a f***ing legend Al and a bloody decent bloke :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here