Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Its Cat C because you are Manchester United, albeit wearing cheaper jeans and eating pies instead of caesar rocket salads but Man Utd all the same. Oh and the expected numptie hordes without tickets that are all claiming to be coming anyway. You have them to thank for both your allocation and the Cat C rating.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
A dozen or so fans spilled onto the pitch when we scored the first goal. Hundreds went on the pitch at full time to celebrate with the players, putting them on their shoulders etc. It was our cup final. We had over 4,000 there.
There were about 6 flares and about 10 smoke grenades in the stand throughout the match and a ''Your sister is your mother'' chant towards Dale fans.

Very much so worthy of Cat C?

So your "fans" have taken what amounts to fireworks and smoke grenades into a league ground, the first time your non league team has played a league team. On the back of the tickets for that game and on show at the ground are the rules regarding entrance to that ground and a list of items forbidden to take into that ground, as well as the fact that pitch invasions are ILLEGAL.

Which of the above do you not understand?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Evening Cat C,

For those who travel down and want to have a great day out I, and many others, will extend a warm welcome. It will be nice to have a bunch of fans as passionate as ours. Withdean is not a nice place to come to as an away fan as it is dull as ditchwater. I hope you enjoy your day out and our legendary nightlife. As for the match being Cat C? Sussex Police really do not have a clue about how to deal with a football match these days. WHEN we return to Div 2 (The Championship) they will make numerous cock-ups as they have not had any experience with 'high profile' games for a very long time. Serving Sussex officers, who are friends of mine, tell me that the Force are 'crapping' themselves at the thought of 2 league sides next season (Albion and Crawley).

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
A dozen or so fans spilled onto the pitch when we scored the first goal. Hundreds went on the pitch at full time to celebrate with the players, putting them on their shoulders etc. It was our cup final. We had over 4,000 there.
There were about 6 flares and about 10 smoke grenades in the stand throughout the match and a ''Your sister is your mother'' chant towards Dale fans.

Very much so worthy of Cat C?

Don't forget a lot of your fans are going to try and get into the home end. Some of you fans are going to try and brake into the stadium. You've openly admitted to trying to do this, what do you bloody expect.

Boris Johnson

Brighton Invader
Nov 19, 2010
Can't we close this thread now and issue a new one inviting us down for a pleasant visit..??

Best Pubs/Bars/Restaurants etc

I'm down Friday to Sunday and definately looking forward to it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can anybody argue with the reply given by Insider as none of us know the truth and this the nearest we shall get to it. As I was told today, FUCM are notorious for having many in their ranks who dont go to Old Trafford because they have been banned for violence. Obviously the police consider they will have their work cut out for the day, and I do not defend the police because I believe that football is run by and for them and sky not by the FA.

Category C My Arse

Nov 20, 2010
How can anybody argue with the reply given by Insider as none of us know the truth and this the nearest we shall get to it. As I was told today, FCUM are notorious for having many in their ranks who dont go to Old Trafford because they have been banned for violence. Obviously the police consider they will have their work cut out for the day, and I do not defend the police because I believe that football is run by and for them and sky not by the FA.

Rubbish.

Show me your source for this information.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is what a very good friend was told when working in Cheadle this week and it was apparently very obvious at Rochdale in the last round. If it is not true I am sorry but can only go on what I have been told by people whose views I respect.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Can't we close this thread now and issue a new one inviting us down for a pleasant visit..??

Best Pubs/Bars/Restaurants etc

I'm down Friday to Sunday and definately looking forward to it.

Wherever you end up it is not cheap down here mate, not cheap at all so bring plenty of spends, there's a good mix of people just a shame it's the middle of November and not the summer when Brighton is at it's absolute finest!

Hope you enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

manctofu

Nov 18, 2010
My advice is to go on Youtube and watch a few vids of FC United's fans. Plenty of kids, plenty of women, plenty of families and no trouble whatsoever. My dad goes every week, he's 66 years old and had a stroke earlier this year. You think he'd bother if it was a bunch of hoolies? My mate takes his 5 year old lad and 7 year old daughter. They absolutely love it. Yep, hoolies the lot of them. It's 100% crap spouted by people with an agenda against FC Utd, and it's sad that anyone's fallen for it.

Aside from a few knobs on the pitch (which I personally wasn't happy about for exactly this reason), there was no trouble at Rochdale and there'll be no trouble at your place. We're a decent bunch.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Seriousness aside you'll never make the pitch if you did decide to run on it from the west stand. Takes about a week to cross that trek. Think you'd die of exhaustion.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
On a friendlier note for the reasonable FC fans, I must apologise that for the biggest game in your history, you get to play in a ground almost certainly smaller than Gigg Lane, and from a seat several miles from the pitch (as previous posts). I'm really sorry. All this argument about allocations, and Withdean is so underwhelming, and difficult to create an atmosphere in, those who do make it will wonder what the effort was about.

Anyway, Brighton's a nice place for a weekend I guess.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't forget a lot of your fans are going to try and get into the home end. Some of you fans are going to try and brake into the stadium. You've openly admitted to trying to do this, what do you bloody expect.

We had fans in the home end at Charlton, so what?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is what a very good friend was told when working in Cheadle this week and it was apparently very obvious at Rochdale in the last round. If it is not true I am sorry but can only go on what I have been told by people whose views I respect.

Bollocks. I have mates who watch FCUM and they say the opposite. They do get behing their team and make some noise, that is NOT the same as beating up old ladies.

The Albion are behaving like a bunch of Daily Mail readers on this one, not surprising given the anti-fan attifude seen this season by those in charge of safety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here