Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've heard about the parking bit, but I can't see how it can be enforced, how do you know who's parked up to go to the game or for some other reason ?

Sounds like a right ball ache its no wonder you can't wait to get out.

They have patrols out on the streets. No, really.

It's ALL leafy suburban residential around the ground, and many, if not most houses have private parking. To have a car not belonging to them outside their house invites curtain-twitching and telling tales. Some get away with it. Others don't.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If FCUM ever get to play Wilmslow Albion ... it'll be CARNAGE.

You can stop that kind of inflammatory SCAREMONGERAGE right now! Could you not have paused for a short moment & spared a thought or two for the poor children of Wilmslow? You, Sir, are a cad & a bounder.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I was told 6 years ago that it cost us around 12 grand a game to play "at home" so god only knows what we pay now!

That was more likely what we lost each time we played a home game, (after taking into account the costs of parknride, stewards stopping us parking etc.)

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Indeed. But that doesn't mean that it can't be privately streamed in particular premises.
As an update to this from FCUM TV:

Yes we have been granted permission for this subject to a few things,

We are waiting confirmation from SIS that a Sat truck has been booked for the game, ITV are recording 'as live' however until a foriegn broadcaster 'books' the event no truck is ordered [although we are hopefull that http://www.nelonensport.fi/ohjelmaopas/2010-11-27 means this will happen - we should know on Monday]

We will also find out what Sat kit we need to be able to watch the broadcast [we will be given any codes we need to unscramble] so any one with Sat kit or other knowledge of this we may need some help - let you know on Monday

We have to make this a 'private' event and the idea is to cover costs with a pre-paid ticket to get in - details will follow.

manctofu

Nov 18, 2010
How come if your fans are such a decent bunch the last two times you've played at Nantwich Town, there's been pubs trashed in the town centre, seats ripped out of their stand, young kids having their scarves nicked by grown men and hoolies in a 70's timewarp generally being nasty to anyone who doesn't support you. I hear that similar goes on at every away match you play and I certainly have no agenda against your team or fans so I'm well pleased that the Albion are taking steps to ensure our fans are able to enjoy the match.

Simple: none of that is true. You're either making up rubbish, or passing on rubbish. Try and think for yourself instead.

Here's a picture of our violent hooligans at Rochdale:

Young-FC-fans-010.jpg

Latest news, comment and reviews from the Guardian | guardian.co.uk

You can stop that kind of inflammatory SCAREMONGERAGE right now! Could you not have paused for a short moment & spared a thought or two for the poor children of Wilmslow? You, Sir, are a cad & a bounder.

My dear old mum used to live over the road from a private school in Wilmslow. I have SEEN the children of Wilmslow. Almost every one of them is the offspring of a Premier League footballer. They have nothing to worry about that can't be managed by Max Clifford.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Can you please back up your claims because having attended the said game that is total 100% prefabricated and you damn well know it. Once again please back up this jackanory story to your source?

Hi Livelylobster, I was at one of the last games and witnessed these things mentioned as happening in the ground with my own eyes, my husband attended another game and saw the kid having his scarf nicked and there were reports about the pubs being smashed up in the local paper. I didn't witness that happening myself but saw the boarded up windows in a couple of pubs the next day so have no reason to not believe the reports. I accept that probably most of your fans are ok but how come whenever I watch your lot there's always such a nasty atmosphere and nobody just there for a bit of friendly banter? Just to make clear that I am a middle aged mum that loves football so much that when the Albion aren't playing I go along and watch local non-league football, I certainly have nothing against your team, I'm just saying what I personally have seen and how your fans made me feel. I haven't bothered to watch you this season because of this but, maybe after Saturday if your fans are ok, I'll come along to another game just to see as you guys seem to be ok so maybe I've just been unlucky.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My dear old mum used to live over the road from a private school in Wilmslow. I have SEEN the children of Wilmslow. Almost every one of them is the offspring of a Premier League footballer. They have nothing to worry about that can't be managed by Max Clifford.

I'd image it makes for intresting parents evenings though. 200 mums & 4 footballers...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That was more likely what we lost each time we played a home game, (after taking into account the costs of parknride, stewards stopping us parking etc.)

No, that was what we were allegedly charged per game to play at withers :thumbsup:

kazfcum

Nov 19, 2010

What about revenue from food sales etc, does that go to you ?

When we play cup games and have to share the gate we lose money. We do have a couple of our own bars though that we run ourselves. Everything else goes to them.

The charge to play at Withdean in the early years included the costs of stewarding. Stewards were originally employed by Ecovert (who managed the whole of the Withdean complex, not just the stadium, on behalf of the City Council). These days, it's DC Leisure who manage the site, and the stewards are employed by the Albion. I also think that the job of maintaining the playing surface is now directly managed by the football club.

Food sales are franchised out. My guess is that it's the franchisees who make the money out of each burger that is sold and lose money from each unsold chip that remains uneaten.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As an update to this from FCUM TV:

Does this mean a live stream may be on internet if someone does show it?

Category C My Arse

Nov 20, 2010
I tell you what - Rochdale must be complete mentalists.

They willingly allowed c4000 of these neanderthals into their ground, on a Saturday, when they were all lashing it up in the local pubs for many hours beforehand.

Do we have any stats on how many old ladies they mugged, children they executed, pubs they trashed and sweet shops raided for their mint imperials?

It must have been complete and utter DEVASTATION.

On a Saturday was it?

Utter drivel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here