Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And if that's the case then surely FCUM should have made that information clear to its supporters / members which would've avoided all of this agro.
I'm sure it's a lot easier for them to blame it on BHAFC than their own supporters. Especially if they're always this self righteous and moany.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's that then. They can f*** off.

Today has, unfortunately, completely changed my opinion of that lot. Arrogance beyond belief for a club of their size, they are actually behaving like United fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And if that's the case then surely FCUM should have made that information clear to its supporters / members which would've avoided all of this agro.

I was talking to the filth ( sorry edna) after the game against Woking and they were very unhappy at the situation after the game where the Woking fans were being let out and mingling with the fans coming out of teh Sarf Stand.

The suggestion was " if this was a club with a reputation, there could be mayhem"

maybe that is why they made the " request"

at least if they are at Tom catt's end of Hove, we can all scurry away to our posh houses before the oiks get around the car park!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's that then. They can f*** off.

Today has, unfortunately, completely changed my opinion of that lot. Arrogance beyond belief for a club of their size, they are actually behaving like United fans.

Except for the small fact that Manure do actually have something to brag about.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

arabat

Nov 7, 2010
A couple of straightforward questions?

Has it been stated officially, not by hearsay, that the restricted allocation is on police advice?

Any reported incidents of trouble at Rochdale? Again not hearsay. The only brief incidents i saw were when fc fans were being allowed into the away end as they had been in the rochdale end, not causing trouble, in fact Rochdale fans knew the troublemakers and were as fed up with them as anybody else.

Why is it that neither club can be bothered to clarify the situation?

I will see what the Brighton fans are like when I meet any and I hope they would afford the same respect.

arabat

Nov 7, 2010
Not sure why we're not giving 15%, but in terms of selling their allocation, a Brighton based Man Utd fan mentioned to me he wanted to go.

They could easily sell it because they are Man Utd II. I'm sure the original founders had high ideals, but for the southern Man Utd fans, they are just a second Man Utd team to support. Nothing to do with ideals.

As a fan of St. Pauli, I know I should be more positive about FCUM, but I didn't hear good things about their visit to Rochdale from someone who was there.

I went with one St Pauli fan to the game and met 2 others there. All I can telll you their opinion would be very different from what you heard, in fact one lad is now an fc member.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A couple of straightforward questions?

Has it been stated officially, not by hearsay, that the restricted allocation is on police advice?

Any reported incidents of trouble at Rochdale? Again not hearsay. The only brief incidents i saw were when fc fans were being allowed into the away end as they had been in the rochdale end, not causing trouble, in fact Rochdale fans knew the troublemakers and were as fed up with them as anybody else.

Why is it that neither club can be bothered to clarify the situation?

I will see what the Brighton fans are like when I meet any and I hope they would afford the same respect.

Right, two questions for you, why has your club not complained ? Was there or was there not a pitch invasion at the Rochdale game ?

politico

Fans First
Nov 19, 2010
Manchester-ish
well

You should also take into account that you are not man united, Chelsea Barnsley or even grimsby town you are a non league side who are lucky to be in the second round of the fa cup and as such you should know your place in the bigger scheme of things

you are'nt Arry enfield by any chance-know your place- doffs cap and gives whippet a black eye:lolol:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I still don't understand why these disaffected Man U fans didn't simply adopt Bury FC as their new team. I mean they play their home games there and Bury FC is 75% owned by the fans and in a tidy redeveloped stadium with a decent capacity. They are to all intents a model community club and what better way to enhance your community credentials than to join forces with some fellow Mancs at Bury and help them survive and prosper, I'm sure they could do with another couple of thousand on the gate. The only reason I can see for you not adopting Bury FC is that you wanted the Manchester United name and brand to cash in on and use as some sort of justification that you are the real fans of Man Utd and the true face of football, a concept so laughable and deluded you almost can't believe it has happened. Your website all seems to be about how much money you can raise for this that and the other to finance your new dream of a $3.5million stadium! I can't see how you are any different therefore to any other club.

Lets say you do get the money and site for your stadium, what happens next? You've only been going for 5 years or so and so far have been moderately successful in getting a few promotions and having some success, this is good since Man Utd fans demand success whatever form their support takes! What happens then when you hit the reality of lower league football which is 7-8 years languishing in the basement divisions with no success, no promotion and just season after season of battling relegation. What happens is that your fans, so used to season after season of titles, cups and glory soon realise what a crock of shit the whole idea is and desert in their droves back to Old Trafford where their true hearts lie, you will be left with 1500 diehard righteous moral crusaders and even they will tire of the concept after a few years. The other option is of course that you end up like every other club chasing the dream in which event you will be no different to the rest of us. I think FCUM need to get over themselves and stop believing the hype and be honest with themselves, I mean they put out this soft and fluffy message about community and shared ownership etc but it doesn't mean anything when you haven't won sod all for years and the fans start demanding some success. Oh and the fact that on your website you proudly announce the following facts make you no different than the rest of us:

"The club regularly attracts crowds of more than 2,000 - several times the league average - and boasts many on and off the field achievements including three consecutive promotions and a number of trophies."

"In just 5 years FC United of Manchester has become one of the most talked about clubs in football, generating regional, national and worldwide interest."

Just sounds like another arrogant Man Utd Mk2 to me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

You should also take into account that you are not man united, Chelsea Barnsley or even grimsby town you are a non league side who are lucky to be in the second round of the fa cup and as such you should know your place in the bigger scheme of things

you are'nt Arry enfield by any chance-know your place- doffs cap and gives whippet a black eye:lolol:

By the way Grimsby Town are a non league side :lolol::laugh::clap2:

arabat

Nov 7, 2010
Right, two questions for you, why has your club not complained ? Was there or was there not a pitch invasion at the Rochdale game ?

I don't know why my club has not complained which is why I stated 'neither club'
Yes there was a pitch invasion but as far as I am aware it was not registered as 'trouble' and neither wasthere a complaint by Rochdale.
I take it you're not offering to answer my questions then?

sicky burp

Sep 19, 2008
No Boycott, yes we would like more tickets ,but it,s your club your rules. i think you will find most fc fans to be looking forward to this game ,have a few pints with you ( hikers rest in moulscoombe anyone or somewhere in whitehawk ) have a good natter all things football ,even the 83 final 1st match. so don,t let any key board warriors cloud you opinion of fc. so all i will add is all the best in your promotion campaign and your move to falme (nice looking ground)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here