Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fcuk off Yuppies

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I can understand the resentment, but I left Brighton to work/live in London to earn more money and get a career. Does that mean I'm not welcome back to my home town?
If I could've got an interesting well paid job in Brighton I would've stayed, as its a hell of alot nicer than North London, but they didn't exist

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Yoiur from Brighton so thats different, I'm generally talking about people who move to London from all over the UK, they then realise it's an overpriced and overated hovel and decide to move down here, what they don't realise with that comes all the problems that have been left behind.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I'm with you on this one, Goring. I earn something like that average figure you quoted, and I live very comfortably in the north of England, where I stayed after leaving Brighton to go to university.

All Brightonandhove seems interested in is bringing down more trendy Londonders to clog the place up with their trendy cafe bars while the council effectively shuts down things like Citizens Advice Bureaux and Rape Crisis by cutting their funding. Wankers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am going to be crontraversial here!

Its supply and demand. There is now more people wanting affordable housing than being built.

Thatcher ordered the great sell off of council housing which in my opinion was an absolute disgrace. The councils were not allowed to replace the stock with the monies they received ( pittance ) and so now people who would ordinarily have just fallen into the housing bracket and be housed in council accom have to go on the open market and compete with higher income families.

Housing associations have replaced the council and so called low cost housing.

Then again, I think this is all relative. Our house was valued at 160K !!!!!! a 2 bed chalet bungalow. Totally overpriced and to get anything better we have to spend over 200K. Absolutely rediculous.

I think this mortgage game is the biggest con purpotrated on the English people in its history. Borrow £27k and end up paying back three times that in 25 years.........f***ing rediculous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here