Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FBS puts more cash into the Albion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The front page of today's Argus features a story about Norman Cook putting more cash into the Albion.

Can't see that anyone else has mentioned it yet.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I heard it on Southern FM this morning although it didn't mention figures, probably just enough to keep us afloat, i still dont expect we will sign anyone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, just been forced to buy it on the strength of the front page headline 'Fatboy slims down Albion woes'.

Salient point in the article is 'sources suggested his cash injection was partly prompted by concerns about covering the club's December wage bill'.

Oh, yes, and he also says 'Its not something I want to make a big deal of. Its private'. Guess the Argus splashing it over the billboards isn't exactly what he had in mind.

And on a newspaper-related theme, there's a full length DVD of the film Cabaret inside the Mirror today. Not sure why.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Tom Hark said:

Salient point in the article is 'sources suggested his cash injection was partly prompted by concerns about covering the club's December wage bill'.

I saw that too Tom.........and to say it's worrying is an understatement. I do wonder whether the club's finances are in a much worse state that DK is letting on. It would explain why we have been so inactive in terms of getting in some much needed fresh blood. Let's just hope that the news, if it is accurate, doesn't have too much of an impact on the players. Can't be much fun to have to worry about whether you are going to be paid at the end of the month.

:( :(

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lord Bracknell said:
Top man, Norman.

But await the flaming of DK from the usual suspects.

Why haven't we signed Michael Owen? etc etc etc
Very true LB !!

No, but then the usual suspects would rather we splashed out and ended up in admin like half the teams in Div 2 or better still like Wrexham who generate more cash than us, but have not paid their players since November.

DK OUT'S WHAT I SAY!!:lolol:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Zebedee said:
I saw that too Tom.........and to say it's worrying is an understatement. I do wonder whether the club's finances are in a much worse state that DK is letting on.

:( :(

I think that may be the case as Dave the Gaffer has already highlighted that the albion haven't paid the bus company for a while and owed them to the tune of 6k. What else is there unpaid, PAYE, VAT, who knows but it is very worrying and will only get much worse all the time we can't sell out Withdean.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Now that's what I call a true fan, aren't we lucky to have FBS amongst our number.

FBS = :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Ernest said:
That is the problem all the time we have a potless glory hunter as chairman instead of someone with a bit of wedge as well as business acumen. The longer Knight is in charge the more chance of us going bust.
Err...?

Run this past me again. Slowly this time.

We have a cash flow problem.

You think we need "someone with a bit of wedge".

Someone with a bit of wedge puts some more money into the club.

You think this is "a problem".

:salute:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
You're the problem as your head is so far up Tights arse you can't think properly :salute:

Whose sounding like a twat now then ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't worrry folks, Ernest is just back from his bar in Bangkok and is suffering a little from PLT ( Post Ladyboy Tension) so is a bit grumpy this morning.

Welcome back Tony :wave:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
cannot see how anybody can complain when somebody give the club money. its a strange world.
cheers fbs.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah norman is a true fan and without him we would be in even more shite than we will be in.
No doubt dick has been on his knee's beggining for some extra cash to bail him out just like the fans have done bailed him out by charging a bomb.:smokin:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How do you think the club should be financed then Berks?

For most clubs it comes from

a) Fans
b) TV
c) Benefactors

we have all three but are struggling to make ends meet due to the high running costs of Withdean and the Falmer Pubic Enquiry. DK has put more than a million in, as have FBS and some other directors.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Everything is fine at the mo,but our chairman isn't goner be much financial help is he.
One day he might admit that he can't cope financially as that will be the case in good time.

Every club needs that extra bit of back up when the tough gets going.:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here