Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Withdean Pictures

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Apologies if there's been a thread of this nature before, but it'd be nice to see a collection of some photos from the Withdean years, be it iconic or unusual, from a personal collection or the internet/a proper photographer.

Here's one from the Man City cup game. Not sure who took it/where it's from, I've just had it on my laptop for a while.

Also got one I took of two of my mates watching us draw 3-3 with Hartlepool in the FA Cup (2008) in the woods.

There's a great picture somewhere of the early Withdean years, with people peering over from behind South Stand during a match. Anyone got it?

Attachments

• Man City at Withdean.jpg
    Man City at Withdean.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 240
  • Withdean trees - Daz and Mike.jpg
    Withdean trees - Daz and Mike.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I watched a couple of games in the woods. Almost fell out of the tree following Cullip's header against Chesterfield.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I spent a lot of time at Withdean.I'll never forget the last game. I had to sit in the family stand after a long row with the staffing managers where I worked, I was desperate not to miss the last game. In the end I was lucky to go, but after being there so regularly for so long it meant a lot to be there in the end. I loved Withdean, even when I hated it for being rubbish, she was our home and so much of my Brighton supporting history is there.

The Amex is a chapter which will be the finest period in our clubs history, but never forget Withdean.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348695866553.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348695866553.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 175

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I spent a lot of time at Withdean.I'll never forget the last game. I had to sit in the family stand after a long row with the staffing managers where I worked, I was desperate not to miss the last game. In the end I was lucky to go, but after being there so regularly for so long it meant a lot to be there in the end. I loved Withdean, even when I hated it for being rubbish, she was our home and so much of my Brighton supporting history is there.

The Amex is a chapter which will be the finest period in our clubs history, but never forget Withdean.

Judging by that Photo you were sat not far from me at the Huddersfield match...assuming you was still sat there. Those I suppose in that family stand no one is really far from anyone :D

Poyet on lap of honour
DSC00291.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Judging by that Photo you were sat not far from me at the Huddersfield match...assuming you was still sat there. Those I suppose in that family stand no one is really far from anyone :D

Poyet on lap of honour
DSC00291.jpg

Even in those days the West Stand Lower were recognised (advertising hoarding in the background - just below the guy with the longest scarf in the world bar none!)

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Am I the only one who thought it was a really picturesque little ground?

I never understood people regularly referring to is a "shithole"....

Small? yes
Unusual? yes
Very basic? yes

But "shithole"? Not in the slightest.....

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
MickyAdams_468x344.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here