Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Speed Skating

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With the 2010 Winter Olympics drawing to a close this weekend, and what a terrific event it has been, what has been your favourite sport of the last fortnight?

???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I enjoyed the skeleton, just had to marvel at the courage they have competing in that.
I also found the curling hypnotic and addictive.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've ruddy loved watching the Curling late at night lately.

It's an engaging sport isn't it, a fascinating tactical battle, and a game of inches.

I have a new found respect for Curling.

:bowdown:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Super-G for me.

Just gets the nod over downhill, as it's the perfect combo of speed and skill in the one run.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The winter olympics is the biggest load of turd there is. Sport? People sliding around on snow and ice? Kids games is the right description.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hiney jumping

arts-graphics-2007_1182564a.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I also found the curling hypnotic and addictive.

that is WEIRD as me and my mates all find it the same way, you just HAVE to watch it when its on...dunno what it is about it but you're glued to that tele!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I really dont understand the rules of curling!:blush:

Its basically bowls on ice.
To win a point, you must end up with the stone nearest to the centre of the target. However many stones you have "within" your opponents stones closest to the middle will add a point per stone to your points tally. Whoever has the most after 10 ends wins, or if its level, they play on until someone wins an end to win the match (although matches are quite often conceded before 10 ends have been played if someone is miles ahead).

Its all very tactical though. No good just plonking a stone smack in the middle of the target, cos your opponent will just slip one up yer jacksie, knock it away and take its place on the target. So you have to set up "guard" stones to block off your opponent.

Its BRILLO and I WANT A GO
(but not with the broom, obviously)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I thought the Curling was excellent ... and not just because I developed a bit of a thing for Eve Muirhead. :love:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Its basically bowls on ice.
To win a point, you must end up with the stone nearest to the centre of the target. However many stones you have "within" your opponents stones closest to the middle will add a point per stone to your points tally. Whoever has the most after 10 ends wins, or if its level, they play on until someone wins an end to win the match (although matches are quite often conceded before 10 ends have been played if someone is miles ahead).

Its all very tactical though. No good just plonking a stone smack in the middle of the target, cos your opponent will just slip one up yer jacksie, knock it away and take its place on the target. So you have to set up "guard" stones to block off your opponent.

Its BRILLO and I WANT A GO
(but not with the broom, obviously)

I want a go with Eve....

p102friday_585x350_655195a.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here