Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Sportsman ever?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Who is everyone's ALL TIME favourite sportsman?

Don't really know why but mine is Colin Montgomerie. Might not have had the greatest success as an individual in terms of majors but the way he inspired Europe in many a Ryder Cup will live with me for a long time.

What about you lot?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
_533490_fatima_150.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
[YT]GtD3TmFK3pA&NR=1[/YT]

Attachments

• HBGDIPwbWyC_Pxgen_r_450xA.jpg
    HBGDIPwbWyC_Pxgen_r_450xA.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 142

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mine is Peter Ward, who gave me the best days of following sport, by a country mile, the season we came out of the old third and second divisions.

How I miss the buzz that went around the stadium when he got the ball, spine chilling.

wg_grace.jpg

Grace, W.G. -- With the modern game's emphasis on fitness and athleticism, the sight of a portly, bearded figure waddling out to bat at Lord's has not been seen since, erm, Mike Gatting's last appearance of 1997. By leaving the first-class game at the tender age of 41, however, Gatting will fall far short in endurance, as well as hirsuteness, if not girth, of the game's greatest legend, William Gilbert Grace (1848-1915). Grace played first-class cricket for Gloucestershire for 43 years, amassing nearly 55,000 runs. He played 22 Tests - although Test cricket did not begin until 1877 and there were far fewer matches than today - the last of them at the age of 51. Oh, and through all this he maintained his practice as a country doctor in Gloucestershire. He is commemorated at the game's headquarters by the Grace Gates, through which the players and officials enter the ground.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I would have loved to have seen Klinsmann as Tottenhams manager:drool:

Saw him score 4 goals at Selhurst once, the game that kept us up:D - we won 6-2.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You mean the one who supports Spurs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here