Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite pub gardens

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Seeing as it is perfect pub garden weather I thought I would ask for people's favourite Brighton outdoor beer areas, maybe discover some gems?

I'll start with:

Battle of Trafalgar - best avoided after 5pm on Fridays as it's rammed but for a sunny afternoon session it is just the ticket.

Charles Napier - Very small but has a certain charm to it. Patio but leafy and private.

It's over to you.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I know it is quite far from Brighton, but the Black Rabbit in Arundel wins every time for me.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
there is a WELL nice pub in bramber, with a garden backing onto the river. its quite old, but i cant remember for the life of me what it is called now

ive always enjoyed the windmill and the potters in burgess hill, and the red lion in lindfield is pretty good as well

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know it is quite far from Brighton, but the Black Rabbit in Arundel wins every time for me.

It's lovely for a cold one after a stroll around the lake. Had a big problem with wasps last year though.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I go in the napier regularly ond only discovered the back garden a couple of weeks ago!!!

Been going there a few years, good if you can find a corner there to take over, Lovely pub.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Sidewinder are doing a load of parties in their garden this month, shame I'm broke as a joke really.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Best I know is the Griffin in Fletching. Lovely terrace (very classy), nice grass slope rising up gently to a ridge which then dips down dramatically to give a view over the River Ouse

terrace3.jpg

view.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Sportsman Amberley will always win this, I even have panoramic photos of the view. Alas they are massive and I don't know how to shrink them.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
jack and jill at clayton is rather delightful as well

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Hove Place. Best in town

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here