Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Studio 150

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • As Is Now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
IMHO all you need from Well'ard are 'Setting Sons' and 'All Mod Cons'. Anything solo is complete gash.
;)

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Jam were awesome, but Weller solo leaves me bored senseless. Saw him at a Reading Festival a few years back, and had a sinking premonition he'd be sweating and bellowing through "Changing Man" within the first minute. I was right. Shudder.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
wild wood, stanley road as is now are all awesome, wild wood pips it for me as it reminds me of good times

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Cheeky Monkey said:
IMHO all you need from Well'ard are 'Setting Sons' and 'All Mod Cons'. Anything solo is complete gash.
;)

Great albums, but you could save money and just own Compact Snap. Pretty much everything you need is on there.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Trufflehound said:
Great albums, but you could save money and just own Compact Snap. Pretty much everything you need is on there.

Correct. Unless I'm mistaken Compact Snap was originally a lot longer and just titled Snap, although the Compact version is all you can ever seem to find these days.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
SS and AMC are both great

Wild Wood is the best solo Album . . . .I remember seeing him do Has my fire really gone out on Jules Holland before the album came out, f***ing fantastic performance, with attitude, aggression and style .:bowdown:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Cheeky Monkey said:
Correct. Unless I'm mistaken Compact Snap was originally a lot longer and just titled Snap, although the Compact version is all you can ever seem to find these days.

The orginal Snap double album had more songs on it that were trimmed to fit on a single CD.

I believe there is a box set of Snap on CD that has everything.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i prefer either paul weller or wildwood. but im going to see him tonight at the doncaster dome.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
graz126 said:
im going to see him tonight at the doncaster dome.

GLAM!

actually it can't be any worse than the giant cow shed that is the Brighton Centre. The worst music Venue in Sussex . . .FACT, it f***ing infuriates me he keeps playing there when the Domes just round the corner and most people I know would gladly pay double to hear the music properly :angry:

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Anyone go to the Paul Weller Movement at The Event????
I had a classis Weller style centre parting at the time.

Now they call me Gary Baldy.:down:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
simon swagbag said:
Anyone go to the Paul Weller Movement at The Event????
I had a classis Weller style centre parting at the time.

Now they call me Gary Baldy.:down:

I did see the PWM at Cardiff Uni circa 1990, I could also do a centre parting then, now it would take a miracle of science! :down: :p

If my memory serves he did do ONE Jam track...the main reason most of the three thousand there had turned up.....and he knew it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
With 'As Is Now' in the shop for the past month or so, a Paul Weller debate is required, I fancy...

So which deserves the best airing?

None. Jam albums only. A Paul Weller solo album is a dull way to waste an hour of yer life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here