Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Oasis Song?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Masterplan for me on the day of knebworth gig 95 I bought wonderwall single with masterplan on b'side &round are way . When I heard the masterplan that night it sent a shiver down my spine , what a gig as well prodigy ,manic street preachers supporting

D

Deleted member 18477

Saw them at wembley twice in 2009. Still a bloody decent gig even though their prime was 10+ years before that. Incredible nights, was so tanked on the Saturday one though, literally one of the best nights of my life!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Masterplan for me on the day of knebworth gig 95 I bought wonderwall single with masterplan on b'side &round are way . When I heard the masterplan that night it sent a shiver down my spine , what a gig as well prodigy ,manic street preachers supporting

Think I got dates a bit mixed up earls court gig was 95 & knebworth was 96 both gigs were amazing though

Is my spelling & grammar ok

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
You have to love it. I'm 20, so unfortunately missed them in their prime.

The first two albums are a combination of pretty simple melodies and pretty basic lyrics, but somehow they provoke so much emotion out of so many people. I would say it's partially down to the songs, partly due to Liam's soaring voice in the early days and partly for the fact they produced songs people could relate to.

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R53oe3VbRFo

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Oasis = simply brilliant

Can't pick a favourite tune though... Loved everything they did!

My wife prefers Blur... Apart from me she has no taste:moo:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
They were basically a band you wanted to be in - it could have been you and your mates - It was that simple

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Oasis what a band! Definitely Maybe and (what's the story) Morning Glory are two of the finest albums ever written.

Be Here Now, I love listening to this when I am on a long run. It's a cocaine fuelled romp filled with a sniff heads arrogance. Which is not needed when you have the swagger and confidence of Noel. But a fun album none the least if you understand where the band were at the time of it being written.

The Masterplan as others have said I think Noel realised his mistake in making these tracks B-sides when these songs would have been a great album in their own right.

Heathen Chemistry contains Born On a Different Cloud which I think is just a class act with all its Beatles references.

Don't Believe the Truth is a very underrated album and I think was a real return to form for the band. Saw Noel on his High Flying Bird's tour before Christmas and Mucky Fingers was just incredible live.

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants and Dig Out Your Soul are the weakest albums with maybe two or three decent tracks on each one.

But I am going to throw a curve ball into this thread and go with . . . . . .

Last edited:

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I was lucky enough to see them live on 3 occasions, sadly for me they were getting on a bit by the time I got to see them first (Rosebowl circa 2004) I envy anybody who saw them properly in their prime

Don't mean to brag but I was lucky enough to see them about 8 times between 1995 and 2002 including Earl's Court, Knebworth and Shepherd's Bush Empire.

Cigarettes and Alcohol, by the way...

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Awesome thread.

Can't believe no-one has mentioned Married with Children... great tune.

Other than that, Supersonic and Live Forever are utter classics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here