Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite newspaper ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Torygraph every day. Good sports section, and I love their crossword.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Re: Re: Favourite newspaper ?

fatboy said:
Then learn to spell it.:dunce:

It's a great paper. I bought The Guardian today because it was 20p, but it wasn't very good. And I got The Mail, The Telegraph, and The Times on the train.

I like The Evening Standard.

Sorry Fatboy Independent ! I deserve the :dunce: for that one ! As you know I went out on the piss tonight and had a few beers warming up and obviously could'nt spell !

As it happens I did pull this evening and what makes it even more special is that I did so In a Bobby Zamora 'Legend' T shirt - Great times or what ?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't tend to bother as I find they're full of rubbish, supposition and lies. Waste of money nowadays.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I left the sun last year and flitted between the Express and the Mail. Cant say I really like either, Im on the look out for a new edition. Did buy the Independent (fatboy) over christmas in its new format but cant say I was bowled over buy it. The search continues

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Vary it, apart from the Independent which is dull. Perfect combo with a bit of time would be Guardian/Sun, or Observer/News of the Screws.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Bought the Independent for years now. Quality reporting on foreign issues. Pretty happy with the mini-size one.
I sit here all day with the cryptic crossword open next to me. By 5 o'clock i have usually got 4 clues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Guardian. Glad to see we are not bowled over with Mail readers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't have time for a paper during the week.

One of life's great pleasures is being able to peruse the Sunday Times at one's leisure.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Daily Mail. Great comedy value.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
DTES said:
Guardian for me.

Fatboy - you don't strike me as a Daily Mail reader...

I'll read whatever the kind commuters leave on the train.

I don't mind the Mail as it happens, it was the paper I bought in Greece. I like papers not only to contain the news, but also interesting articles that may not be particularly relevant to what happened the day before.

As The Mail in Greece was a few days behind, I could still read and enjoy the articles in it.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: Re: Favourite newspaper ?

Wilko said:
Sorry Fatboy Independent ! I deserve the :dunce: for that one ! As you know I went out on the piss tonight and had a few beers warming up and obviously could'nt spell !

And still ca'nt (sic) by the look of things.

I hope you don't teach English to those poor kids in Havant?!?!?!

:dunce: :dunce:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here