Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Music Video's

Frutos November Rain is an awesome tune :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

What about the video then??

Since I worked on that vid, herding 1500 extras in a downtown Los Angeles theatre, I feel slightly attached to it :lolol:

I wasn't a fan of them, but had to admire the fact they played several of their other tunes between camera set-ups. One camera was on the tip of a crane thingy that was controlled by a bloke with a joystick and a screen - and it was inches away from the guitar while zooming down the frets. One wrong move, and Slash could've had a nasty drop off the piano!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Since I worked on that vid, herding 1500 extras in a downtown Los Angeles theatre, I feel slightly attached to it :lolol:

I wasn't a fan of them, but had to admire the fact they played several of their other tunes between camera set-ups. One camera was on the tip of a crane thingy that was controlled by a bloke with a joystick and a screen - and it was inches away from the guitar while zooming down the frets. One wrong move, and Slash could've had a nasty drop off the piano!

Yes mate Class video too!!

Shame you didn't get a bit part

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I will always love this, as I was there...

[yt]p2oTuxXjbO4[/yt]

Tune, and the vid's BRILLIO

[yt]wbuSdXKtJX4[/yt]

One of my favourite songs

[yt]AGx19jtn2Kk[/yt]

As is this...

[yt]lSNWgx2i_qE[/yt]

Takes me back...

[yt]k5-d2PZNm5Q[/yt]

Beautiful...

[yt]0J04i0NMNQs[/yt]

Yes mate Class video too!!

Shame you didn't get a bit part

No, didn't see meself in that one..... amongst flashes of a 1500 audience!
I took a look tonight at 'The Making of November Rain' i.e. (YouTube - Guns N' Roses - The Making of 'November Rain' (part 6)) to see if they mentioned the wrangling of the audience there, but never mind. I suppose the interest wasn't exactly behind "who got all those people together for the audience?".
There were such annoying ones as the middle-aged black women who were complaining "I ain't goin' in there to lissen to THAT noise chile, I don't even LIKE this kinda mewsic"
"well you're not here to LIKE it lady, you are working, and if you want to get PAID you get in the theatre and act like a crowd at a show"
Those people made J block look co-operative!

I WAS in this video though..... for a split mili-second or two :lol:
(made in a desolate piece of Los Angeles, under where the 101 and 10 Freeways meet)

[yt]sWI9fuwj5eM[/yt]

Last edited:

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan

NMH - Please answer one question about that Vid for me that has bugged me since it was released........Why, why, why, why ,why did he jump into the cake????

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Weezer - Buddy Holy.
Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar
Radiohead - Street Spirit
Aerosmith - Crazy
Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice

And as much as it PAINS me...

Coldplay - Scientist (or whatever it is RUDDY called)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Based on mentions above, highly recommend 'The Work of Director Spike Jonze' DVD, track listing as follows:

1. California (Wax)
2. Sure Shot (Beastie Boys)
3. Drop (The Pharcyde)
4. Cannonball (The Breeders)
5. Sabotage (Beastie Boys)
6. Da Funk (Daft PUnk)
7. What's Up Fatlip (Fatlip)
8. Undone (The Sweater Song) (Weezer)
9. Praise You (Fatboy Slim)
10. Feel the Pain (Dinosaur Jr.)
11. If I Only Had a Brain (MC 900ft Jesus)
12. Sky's the Limit (The Notorious B.I.G.)
13. Weapon of Choice (Fatboy Slim)
14. Buddy Holly (Weezer)
15. Elektrobank (The Chemical Brothers)
16. It's Oh So Quiet (Bjork)

NMH - Please answer one question about that Vid for me that has bugged me since it was released........Why, why, why, why ,why did he jump into the cake????

It's a wild and crazy thing to do, and he wanted to know if there was a girl inside the cake.

No hidea, hactually. Anyway, I worked on the theatre bit. The bit where they were drinking at The Rainbow Bar and Grill was postponed to another night because it finished after midnight downtown. The Rainbow was their usual haunt anyway, I used to see them over there all the time at the same table in a corner. Lemmy was always there too, he can walk there from his place and I don't think he even owns a car (though he probably limps there since his big toe was amputated - he got gangrene from a bad diet, of crisps and Jack Daniels).

Always a happening place to drink. Once, I saw Ozzie on an interview pleading the ol' "I dunno what the fuss is about, I don't do drugs - I don't even drink!" - two nights later down The Rainbow he could hardly stand he was so mashed :lolol:

It was a local for John Entwistle as well, though I missed the loony Moon days because he'd died a few years before I frequented the place. Heard a few stories of naked rolling on the tables, chucking food and grabbing girls and etc. Nowadays the place is too full of poseurs and hair extensions, and people who think rank bad manners are 'cool'.

Ahem, ...yes, anyway, more than you asked I know. I have no idea about the cake, but so many rock vids have indecipherable activities and lyrics in them, and they may or may not even mean anything to the people who thought it all up.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here