Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite moment

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
The season hasnt quite finished but WOW what a season.. a chance of the play offs, a new stadium, an incredible atmosphere etc etc.
But what has been your favourite moment/s of the season? (Not necessarily a certain moment)

For me, Buckleys 2nd vs donny.. great scenes of celebration and a moment that will live with me forever!

anyone?

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
My favourite moment was my first game at the Amex. So emotional. Chap next to me - big guy, tears kept rolling down his cheeks and he was getting rather embarassed. "whats wrong with me today..." he kept saying, trying to hold it all back. We had finally made it. Cant beat that moment. Treasured forever.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
It's got to be walking to my seat for my first game at the Amex (Southampton). I was fighting back the tears when the pre-match video came on.

Oh, and the game wasn't too shabby either...

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
The season hasnt quite finished but WOW what a season.. a chance of the play offs, a new stadium, an incredible atmosphere etc etc.
But what has been your favourite moment/s of the season? (Not necessarily a certain moment)

For me, Buckleys 2nd vs donny.. great scenes of celebration and a moment that will live with me forever!

anyone?

Well for me i it just has to be the pre-season fans forum last summer. My first visit to the finished stadium. I will never, ever forget stepping out onto the balcony - very very emotional - just had to keep pinching myself, so hard to believe our own home at Falmer was finally real. I just stood and stood in awe and wonder - and thinking back over the long hard road to the Amex. (Listening to all the embarrassing, moaning cr_p in the fans forum that night was suddenly so worthwhile) :amex:

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
The Donny game - everything about ............

but another was CMS scoring against Sunderland........for me that was the moment that I knew we were back.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Buckley's winner against Donny.

14 years of marches, letters, NIMBYs, planning applications, public enquiries, Norman Baker, LDC and John Prescott, 14 years of getting soaked and frozen at Withdean and Priestfield...one kick of a football and one deafening roar from 20,000 people and it all felt more worthwhile than I could ever have hoped for.

The Albion were home, and there was nowhere else on this Earth I would sooner have been.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Buckleys 2nd goal against Doncaster

All 30 minutes of Vicente Vs Portsmouth

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Walking out of the concourse and into the stand for the Donny game. A moment I will never forget.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

14 years of marches, letters, NIMBYs, planning applications, public enquiries, Norman Baker, LDC and John Prescott, 14 years of getting soaked and frozen at Withdean and Priestfield...one kick of a football and one deafening roar from 20,000 people and it all felt more worthwhile than I could ever have hoped for.

The Albion were home, and there was nowhere else on this Earth I would sooner have been.

A big, fat, juicy THIS

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
Everything about the Donny game. So glad to say I was there with my 2 sons. The feeling will stay with me for always.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Climbing the 120 odd steps to WSU for Donnie, and a couple of flights from the top hearing 100's singing with mass volume Albion songs in the WSU concourse; at a level of decibels never met at wide open Withdean.

Then the Buckley show 2 hours later.

And finally us breaking Forest & Leicester hearts at the North Stand goal, both with little time left, after playing poorly. So glad we stayed to the end. Had a feeling we might snatch victories.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Liam Lawrence penalty miss vs pompey seems ages ago now but that was a brilliant moment in a brilliant day out

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
The entire Donny game. As with everyone else, it was seeing the stadium for the first time, waiting in a queue below ground, up the steps to the the atmosphere, the sound, the goals, and the winner... I haven't hugged and jumped around with a complete stranger at a game since we got promoted in Cardiff. Overwhelming.

Maybe it's too soon, but do you think Will Buckley realises that he will be remembered by Brighton forEVER, notwithstanding the rest of his career? That when he's in his 50s, he'll be invited back as a half-time on-pitch guest at The Amex?! And there'll still be some youngsters yet to be born, whose parents have yet to meet, turning around to ask "Who's he then?"

Last edited:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed

Summed it up there for me.

Just been watching some of the stuff on youtube, wishing I could go through that day again. In fact, I wish I could do these past two seasons again.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The moment, on the WSU concourse, when I first sunk my teeth into a delicious chicken pie and supped my pint of Harveys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here