Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite mode of transport to AWAY GAMES.

Favourite Transport.

• Train

Votes: 55 71.4%
  • Car

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Supporters Coach

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Plane

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Gotta be the train hasn't it ? Bring back the old Football Specials I say.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Supporters Coaches = :laugh:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
More often than not when following the Albion, the train journey is the highlight of the day!

Best ever away trip was the first class return train from Hove to the Millennium Stadium and back, especially the curry and champagne on the return journey.

A first class return (with the cheap fare offer that was available in those days to Network Card holders) to Worcester - with an onward train to Hereford was a good day out in May 1997.

As was the return flight from Gatwick to Manchester with an onward car hire to Burnley, when we opened our first Championship season there. Especially because we shared the flight each way with a bunch of Palace lads travelling to and from Preston and with the victorious Albion team on the way back.

Paris to Colchester via Stansted was pretty good too (on the day that the Queen Mother died). Breakfast in central Paris, lunch in central Colchester - what could be better?

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
My only real experience of going to away games has been in the car with my brothers with my dad driving. Therefore that is my favourite mode of transportation, especially now that we dont get to do it that often as i dont live at home no more.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My girlfriend's car. Her driving, me drinking. Only anywhere local to Pontefract, mind.

Ex Vanguard Drinker

Feb 14, 2008
Train poll

Well had to be the train most times.I can recall away to rochdale with a big group of bosun back in late 70s.Can recall being chased all around london by Man utd at Euston station then stoke and man city fans when train stopped at manchester.The train up to rochdale had the buffet car closed so no beers.but as the trip was under way a few of the bosun group started to hand out to all cans of beer.Rail police got on somewhere and were looking to nick someone for breaking in to the buffet car but as almost everyone on the train was drinker free beer they gave up.
Also recall coach trip with some of the bosun crew where the coach broke down at some small town and we had a few hours to kill in a pub when all hell broke outside in the street and a huge spud fight broke out with some locals.(yes spuds) Not sure where they found them but were being thrown like rocks.Old bill turned up and a few taken away,headline in the argus next day.Must have been slow newsday.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've only done train and car. Clearly a no-brainer, train all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here