Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Derek & Clive sketch or line ?

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
"There was no blanket!"

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
Or - "haven't laughed so much since Auntie Mable caught her left tit in a mangle!"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For those that don't know it, and can't be arsed to fathom out all the single liners in the thread so far.....

As I was walking down the street one day
I saw a house on fire
There was man, shouting and screaming at an upper-storey window
To the crowd that was gathered there below
For he was sore afraid

Jump! You fucker, jump!
Jump into this here blanket what we are holding
And you will be all right
He jumped, hit the deck, broke his f***ing neck -
There was no blanket

Laugh?! We nearly shat!
We had not laughed so much since Grandma died
Or Auntie Mabel caught her left tit in the mangle
We are miserable sinners
Fi-i-ilthy fuckers

Ahhhrrrr-soles

:lolol::clap2::lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who will ever forget that great soulful, bluesey number.......................

''I`m a ****** and I f***ed a white chick,
and I aint ashamed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

auntie_mabel.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Am I the only one who hasn't got the slightest clue what you're all on about ???

Derek and Clive are the alter egos of the late Peter Cook and Dudley Moore (of Not only but also plus various other 60s satirical shows).

They produced a series of comedy albums in the early 70s which were very funny but also extremely rude even by today's standards. It was pretty clear that a lot of the recording sessions were done when they were 'under the influence'. Like comedy such as Monty Python and The Office the humour was an acquired taste but they were very popular in the 70s.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Derek and Clive are the alter egos of the late Peter Cook and Dudley Moore (of Not only but also plus various other 60s satirical shows).

They produced a series of comedy albums in the early 70s which were very funny but also extremely rude even by today's standards. It was pretty clear that a lot of the recording sessions were done when they were 'under the influence'. Like comedy such as Monty Python and The Office the humour was an acquired taste but they were very popular in the 70s.

Right, I've (obviously) heard of Peter Cook and Dudley Moore; just never under these names. Probably because I wasn't born and they wouldn't have been repeated on RTE, I would presume :lolol:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
For those that don't know it, and can't be arsed to fathom out all the single liners in the thread so far.....

As I was walking down the street one day
I saw a house on fire
There was man, shouting and screaming at an upper-storey window
To the crowd that was gathered there below
For he was sore afraid

Jump! You fucker, jump!
Jump into this here blanket what we are holding
And you will be all right
He jumped, hit the deck, broke his f***ing neck -
There was no blanket

Laugh?! We nearly shat!
We had not laughed so much since Grandma died
We are miserable sinners
Fi-i-ilthy fuckers

Ahhhrrrr-soles

:lolol::clap2::lolol:

OMG I nearly Shat relieving this! As a teenager, this was the funniest thing I'd EVER heard! I remember learning it word by word as it was mandatory to know these chants in my group! lol!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
OMG I nearly Shat relieving this! As a teenager, this was the funniest thing I'd EVER heard! I remember learning it word by word as it was mandatory to know these chants in my group! lol!
I remember my Dad being quite upset - not at the language but because he maintained they sung an almost identical song in the Navy during WW2 and he didn't like Cook and Moore claiming they'd written it.

"The trouble with you kids is that you think you invented f***ing swearing" as he used to say.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
so i wrote to the council of churches. I wrote'Dear c**ts in charge of religion' civil like 'dear c**ts in charge of religion - that f***ing guidebook of yours....'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here