Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive not been in the honey club since the refit, whats it like?

Someone told me they did a 90's night on mondays, 90p entry and drinks or something like that.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Sevensins at the Honeyclub on a Saturday is brilliant. The Honeybar and Honeyclub are now connected and there's an area outside fenced off where you can sit and cool off. They also have large industrial fans situated outside so the inside never becomes too hot.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
club.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
DarbyJoan.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
revenge:love:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The staff at the Funky Fish have never, as yet, politely asked me to leave the premises so it wins the accolade of my favourite club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
defo the honey top club!!!

was also voted 14th best club in the world in a vote by top DJ's

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
about as dependable as any statistic, was in "DJ Magazine" though a few months back

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
tommy boy said:
thats bullshit though isn't it?

Depends what music you like and what makes a great night to the individual.. .

46797.gif

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The Zap, Buddha Lounge, Concorde and KooKlub are all fairly major omissions from your list. Have you actually been out in Brighton?

As a venue I like the Ocean Rooms, but their soundsystem isn't too impressive and the security staff can be a bit too much.

Audio has decent sound and some good nights but it's just so small, there's nowhere to hide. Why they can't just open up both floors every night I'll never know. Had some great nights there when there's been the space to enjoy the place both up and down but it's rare that they allow you this luxury.

The Zap is nice enough but suffers from nobody ever going there anymore. The past 4 occasions I've been there the place has been empty. One time it was so shockingly quiet that they actually gave up at 1 and just turfed the handful of us in there out. It seems to have suffered since the name change to Union where they tried to change it into a more serious club, and the resulting desertation of the place meant they had to quickly do a U-turn and go back to the old name, stop inviting the serious DJ's down and churn out some cheesy party nights.

The Concorde probably wins it for me, it's dirty and crowded and dingy and overpriced but they know how to have a good time and the atmosphere is what makes a place at the end of the day. I've never had a bad night there and they've put on some real belters in the past.

Upcoming highlights include the forthcoming Slackers Convention 4th birthday on the 19th (http://www.slackersconvention.com/) and the Brighton Breaks All Nighter on the 25th (http://www.nuskoolbreaks.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=54593)

Both guaranteed to be nights you'll remember

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
KooKlub is good, nice but very small, cant see how they could ever handle being 'big' ?, Oceanrooms is good, they do a good after party there on saturdays, La Manana.

Agree about the Zap, though they have had some good popular nights there recently!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Gloucester on a Thursday, Funky Buddha on a Friday and The Arc on a Saturday....marvellous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here