• 1986 - Liverpool 3-1 Everton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1987 - Coventry 3-2 Tottenham (aet)

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • 1988 - Wimbledon 1-0 Liverpool

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • 1989 - Liverpool 3-2 Everton (aet)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • 1990 - Man Utd 3-3 Cr***a* P***** (aet)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 1991 - Tottenham 2-1 Nott'm Forest (aet)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 1992 - Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland

• 1993 - Arsenal 1-1 Sheff Wed (aet)

• 1994 - Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea

• 1995 - Everton 1-0 Man Utd

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • 1996 - Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool

• 1997 - Chelsea 2-0 Middlesbrough

• 1998 - Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

• 1999 - Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle

• 2000 - Chelsea 1-0 Aston Villa

• 2001 - Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • 2002 - Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea

• 2003 - Arsenal 1-0 Southampton

• 2004 - Man Utd 3-0 Millwall

• 2005 - Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd (aet, 5-4 pens)

• 2006 - Liverpool 3-3 West Ham (aet, 3-1 pens)

Votes: 46 46.0%
  • 2006½ - Fenceington Rovers 9-8 Fencebridge Albion

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If this wasn't an Albion messageboard I'm sure the Man Utd v Palace Final would be in 3rd place.

For me last year's Final was the best - that Gerrard late equaliser is one of my all-time favourites.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Last year was brilliant, but I went for the Wombles putting one over the Scousers, great final and an unexpected result. The following day I was admitted to hospital to have my wisdom teeth removed, heralding one of the most uncomfortable weeks of my life as my face looked like that of an overindulgent hamster who had gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson...not a pretty sight.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
83, we woz robbed. :angry:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Of that list, I'd go for 1987. Although I think the 1970 one was the best one in my lifetime (or the best ones, more accurately).

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Brovian said:
None. I lost interest after 1983 and I don't think I've watched one all the way through since.

Curiously I feel pretty much the same way. Used to get excited by all the build up to it. Now, not so much.

Maybe it's because it used to be about the only live club game on TV, so it had a special aura surrounding it. Like many things in life, too much of a good thing takes the edge off it.

Or maybe it's because there's no Cup Final It's A Knockout any more... :down:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Brovian said:
None. I lost interest after 1983 and I don't think I've watched one all the way through since.

Have to agree with you here it has not had the same appeal since 83. I love the Cup games in the 70's and I went to the final in 95 but recently I would rather shave my arse with a broken milk bottle then watch the cup final with its predicable outcome.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Lethargic said:
Brovian said:

Have to agree with you here it has not had the same appeal since 83. I love the Cup games in the 70's and I went to the final in 95 but recently I would rather shave my arse with a broken milk bottle then watch the cup final with its predicable outcome.

It might just be me memory playing tricks but there used to be a lot more build up on the telly starting from about 9 or 10 in the morning. The whole day would be taken up by all sorts of things like watching the players go to the hotel, leave the hotel, cup final question of sport special, the road to wembley, player profiles and much much more.

A whole day on the sofa with the tension building up to kick off. I don't get that feeling about it anymore, s'pose that's growing up for you.

Apart from the 83 cup final my favourites would probably have to be either the 1973 Sunderland or the 1976 Southampton.

I'd like to say 1979 but the all bar the last four minutes the rest of the match was so crap I fell alseep during it.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Last year's final was by far the most entertaining I've ever seen. The early goal from West Ham opened the game up and turned the match into a classic. It will probably be a long time before we see a cup final anywhere near as good as 2006.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
rool said:
It might just be me memory playing tricks but there used to be a lot more build up on the telly starting from about 9 or 10 in the morning. The whole day would be taken up by all sorts of things like watching the players go to the hotel, leave the hotel, cup final question of sport special, the road to wembley, player profiles and much much more.

A whole day on the sofa with the tension building up to kick off. I don't get that feeling about it anymore, s'pose that's growing up for you.

I think that's the point. When we were growing up the only live games on TV were some England matches (although not all of them) and the FA Cup Final. Consequently it was really special. And the build-up actually started the night before with ITV's "Who'll win the Cup?" Then Cup Final Grandstand started at about 10:00 and there'd be Cup Final It's a Knockout and stuff like that. You'd see the players eating their breakfast and getting on the coach. Ah 70s TV, dontcha just love it?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A question for people who've watched it recently: Do they still have 'Abide with me' and Community Singing? (lead by a bloke in a white coat). And do they still have marching army bands on the pitch at half-time?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Having lived near Coventry from 1979-1983 (and going to see them when not able to get to the Albion), then I have to say that the Coventry 3-2 win over Spurs.

I managed to get a ticket in Spurs end, which I then swapped for one in the Coventry end outside Wembley.

I also managed the quater final thay year - a 3-1 win to Coventry over Sheffield Wednesday. It was one hell of a mighty crush in the Leppings Lane end as the 8,000 Coventry fans were shoe horned into the away end. They eventually put people in the corner seats that had been saved for segregation. I was standing just behind the goal and the surge when Coventry scored was frightening. Still nobody was complaining about feeling unsafe, it was just the "fun" of being on a packed terrace.

I had gone up without a ticket (travelled with my Brighton mates who went on to Barnsley - I sneeked off the train at Sheffield) but a nice Policeman gave me a ticket (when I was asking around for one) from a Coventry lad he had just arrested.

One of the very few occasions I picked Cov over Brighton! :down: :down: :down: bad fan bad fan bad fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here