Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 16 12.9%

• Total voters

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sweet chilli sauce and cheese mmmmmmm had that alot lately which is probably why ive become a real fat b'stad of late

Hmm yes.... Branston sweet chilli with ginger

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
You forgot this on your list, Fritssaus, staple fridge occupant of every good Dutchman, and definately not Mayonaise.

remiafrietg.jpg

Actually it is mayonnaise, just a lighter version of it. It's 25% oil instead of 80%...

A good lathering of stoofvlees on top doesn't go amiss either.

But joppiesaus is nicer - got a sharper edge and more bite to it than fritessaus.

From a UK chippy though, malt'n'salt only.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Actually it is mayonnaise, just a lighter version of it. It's 25% oil instead of 80%...

You'd probably get an arguement out of a Dutchman on that, and from a culinary type too, it's a mayonaise-like sauce, but made in a different way, with different ratios of ingredients. I guess like Champagne is basically white wine made with Pinot noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, but no, Champagne is different because of the way it is made.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
You'd probably get an arguement out of a Dutchman on that.

Only the really pedantic ones (although i have met a few of those). Many Dutch people refer to it as 'mayo'. Remember also that many Dutch people refer to the UK as 'Engeland', and even to their own Netherlands as 'Holland' (yes, even people here in Noord-Brabant who ought to know better do that...). They are hardly in a position to point fingers!

You'd probably get an arguement out of a Dutchman on that, and from a culinary type too, it's a mayonaise-like sauce, but made in a different way, with different ratios of ingredients. I guess like Champagne is basically white wine made with Pinot noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, but no, Champagne is different because of the way it is made.

Only the really pedantic ones (although i have met a few of those). Many Dutch people refer to it as 'mayo'. Remember also that many Dutch people refer to the UK as 'Engeland', and even to their own Netherlands as 'Holland' (yes, even people here in Noord-Brabant who ought to know better do that...). They are hardly in a position to point fingers!

I've always thought of it as a Belgian thing. In fact, I've always thought of it as one of the very few contributions that Belgium has ever made to human civilisation.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
I've always thought of it as a Belgian thing. In fact, I've always thought of it as one of the very few contributions that Belgium has ever made to human civilisation.

It is true that the Belgians do it better - although you will definitely get an argument out of a Dutchman on that one. The best chips in Benelux are sold from a stall on Place Flagey in Brussels - easy to find because of the permanent queue. Although the owner has a reputation as a swarthy stroppy bugger who is not averse to swearing at his customers...

And of course, the Belgians did invent the chip as well. It was only called the 'French Fry' by stupid American soldiers in WW1 who were stationed in Beligum but didn't realise where they were ("Hmmm, the lady serving me these delicious fried potato products is speaking French, so therefore I must be in France...").

The Belgians also invented the saxophone, FACT fans...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Only the really pedantic ones (although i have met a few of those).

I lived there many years ago, but yes, you are right, plenty of them

Go to one minute in!
[yt]9km3-fWJ7sg[/yt]

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I voted Mayo. The absence of burger sauce was a worry for me though. With the Animal World Cup drawing to an end I feel that condiments (in general, rather than just on chips) would be a fitting subject for a World cup type competiton. thoughts?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I voted Mayo. The absence of burger sauce was a worry for me though. With the Animal World Cup drawing to an end I feel that condiments (in general, rather than just on chips) would be a fitting subject for a World cup type competiton. thoughts?

You've got to go into all kinds of sauces then - including the spurious home-made concoctions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here