Votes: 7 13.5%
  • £1

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • £2

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what is your favourite COIN of monetary value that is legal tender in great britain? this can be based on looks, usefulness, or any quirky anecdote you may have about the said coin - please feel free to share any stories you may have about the coin in question

poll to follow

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Isnt £5 coin legal tender?

for reasons of simpleness, i am counting only those coins that a standard esso till has room for, so the £5 coin, if indeed it is not an urban legend, is DISQUALIFIED

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
for reasons of simpleness, i am counting only those coins that a standard esso till has room for, so the £5 coin, if indeed it is not an urban legend, is DISQUALIFIED

I have seen them before, they are massive and silver and heavy. I was given 3 of them as someone believed they were fake, i managed to eventually use them in Woolworths.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
just checked, and the £5 coin is only CEREMONIAL, and indeed can be bought for an astonishing £9.95

seeing as it would appear that they are only generally excepted at post offices, i stand by my decision to NOT allow them to enter the poll

for more information on the £5 coin, here is the wikipedia page all about it: Five pounds (British decimal coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I have 4 different 5 pound coins which I am going to keep and one day sell for upwards of £7.

My favourite coin has to be the £1 by a country mile. It's the perfect size and weight and has a lovely golden shine. Funnily enough I actually genuinely do love the pound coin, and it's a lovely feeling to hold one again when you've been using foreign currency for some time!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm more of a euro person.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
£2, it takes up the least space in your wallet... And I like the silver and gold all in one coin.. shame their pretty rare though

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like the £2 coin, especially now they have ironed out the 'technical fault' that occurred in the first batch, causing the centre to fall out!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Good threadage.

I've always liked 20p coins. Here is one, yesterday:

SNN0227GX1_280_412336a.jpg

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
20ps are special, I had one which disappeared in a little box, little magic trick it was

also for years they were the best coin of choice to have for playing pool

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
5p, you can only play touchcup with a 5p.. and for all those who don't know what that game is... you clearly weren't a student.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here