Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Coffee Chain

Who does the best coffee on the high street?

• Caffe Nero

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Starbucks

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Costa

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Other (state who)

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I like Starbucks and have been drinking it in London, the U.S. and Europe for 6 years.

:drink:

Despite this loyalty, I have to admit that it's not proper coffee, it just panders to mainstream tastes.

:shootself

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Kev the Ape said:
liz costa coffee is not bad takeing my gf there on monday afternoon after college.

Wow, what a date. She'll be well impressed with that :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Starbucks coffee tastes like ditchwater. It costs huge amounts of money as I have to put extra shots in theirs to make it halfway respectable. I won't go in there again.

I like Nero the best, but Costa aren't too bad. I don't know Costa did fair trade coffee, thanks for the tip, FB.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's a huge chain in Canada (and a few Northen US states I believe) called 'Tommy Hortons'. Only those who've tried their cappachino will know what I mean.

Starbucks are good but too damned expensive.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Coffee chain? What's wrong with using an independent cafe and keeping the local economy (not to mention individuality and diversity which is what Brighton is known for after all) alive? Bet you all like Subway as well don't you?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
None of these, in fact I don't really ever "go for coffee".

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
cafe nero do amazing hot chocolates

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dropkick Turnip said:
Coffee chain? What's wrong with using an independent cafe and keeping the local economy (not to mention individuality and diversity which is what Brighton is known for after all) alive? Bet you all like Subway as well don't you?
yes

None of them can do proper Italian coffees. But they're all fond of words like "latte", "cappuccino" and "espresso".

Occasionally it's possible to get a drinkable coffee in Starbucks, but it's marketed as "Coffee of the Day". What the hell is that about? All it says to me is that if you like it today, it may well be different tomorrow.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bhaexpress said:
There's a huge chain in Canada (and a few Northen US states I believe) called 'Tommy Hortons'. Only those who've tried their cappachino will know what I mean.

Starbucks are good but too damned expensive.

That'll be "Tim Horton's" you speak of! Started out by Tim Horton who played for The Leafs, Pittsburg and Buffalo.

thorton1.jpg

mmmmm...Tim Horton's: Always Fresh!

timmy.jpg

And I was going to ask why they're not in this poll:lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dropkick Turnip said:

Bollards to the local economy-give me decent coffee even if I have to pay thru the nose to get it!

Where's bloody Tim Horton's when you need one?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bwian said:
That'll be "Tim Horton's" you speak of! Started out by Tim Horton who played for The Leafs, Pittsburg and Buffalo.

thorton1.jpg

mmmmm...Tim Horton's: Always Fresh!

timmy.jpg

And I was going to ask why they're not in this poll:lolol:

My apologies, 'Tim' it is. They probably are completely unknown to most. Tragically my last tin of Toffee Capachino has now finished.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rather have a nice cup of tea myself deary.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dropkick Turnip said:

I do where I can but the question wasn't about independent cafes, it asked specifically about chains.

The best coffee was to be Bar Italia in Soho, although there was a place in Camden called Luigi's that did the best coffee I've ever tasted.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Costa by a bloody mile! Can't stand the plasticness of Starbucks (well, they're all plasticy to a degree, but some more than others) and Nero is as sterile as a doctor's waiting room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here