Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite car you wanted as a young lad?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
ford_capri.jpg

and i still want one now, that said i will put a bag of cement in the boot if i ever get one, far to ass end happy

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
A few car posts on here today. As a kid I always wanted a Renault 5 GT Turbo. I don't know why, I just thought they were really cool cars.

renault-5-gt-turbo-04.jpg

Some 15 years later, I now have a soft spot for the old shape 911 a 964 and the TVR Tuscan. If I had more space or somewhere to store it I'd think about a 911.

3979197-1.jpg

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Always wanted a Range Rover as a kid.
Got a Land Rover Defender 90 now, so kinda there (actually its much more useful than a RR for what I use it for)

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Saw one of these at a vw show about 12 years ago...

5287776952_88df14c1be_z.jpg

Now got this in my garage doing a full restoration on it!

8503023.jpg
[/IMG]

And no my wifes not a giant these little fiat vans are tiny!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Being a bit of a wannabe boy racer back in the early ninties mine would have to have been an Astra GTE. Couldn't afford the insurance on one when ipassed my test though.

As a lad in the 70`s wanted a capri ,my 1st car was a 2litre Capri Ghia gold with brown vinyl roof ,only had it for a year and blew the Engine lovely motor at the time.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
cosworthrs5002l.jpg

any petrol head would know the history of these, a Sierra RS500, i am a ford nut, would love one of these aswell

newsorig1874656880.jpg

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
One of these. I drove one once when I was a lot older and it was RAF. Not quite the experience I hoped it would be.

images

I did subsequently buy one of these and it was the best car I ever had so far:

142898160.jpg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
A '69 Chevy with a 396, fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor. She's waiting tonight out in the parking lot, of a 7/11 store...

Tonight tonight the strips just right
I wanna blow em off in my first heat
Summers here and the time is right
For racing in the street:clap2:

After watching Bullitt with Steve Mcqueen, always wanted a Mustang

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Noone seems to have mentioned this one as yet and it is not quite the 'favourite car I wanted as a young lad' as I was either unemployed or doing shitty jobs and in any case was riding motorcycles when I was a young lad.

HOWEVER when I was 25 I finally got into quite well paid employment with unlimited overtime & worked solid for a year (took extra pay in lieu of taking no holidays, worked most weekends including Easter weekend and another couple of Bank Holidays, volunteered to work over Christmas & New Year although didnt actually work them as far as I can recall) and used accumulated dosh to buy an immaculate graphite 1 owner two year old 1.6 Peugot 205GTI. :drool:

Never loved a car so much before or since, would go for a drive anywhere just for the hell of it. A bit like Yamaha 250/350LC bikes, most 205 GTIs were probably thrashed to death or put through hedges so a very, very rare sight now. Ooh Nostalgia aint what it used to be!

As a postscript (and seing both cars have come up already on this thread) my Boss at the time I bought the 205GTI had a VW Scirocco. Within a fortnight of my getting it he had changed the VW for a brand spanking Audi Quattro!!!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here