Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Brighton goal of all time

Lips

Banned
Jul 23, 2009
I thought this would be an apt thread to start seeing as we cant score a goal for love nor money at the minute

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The goal of reaching Falmer.

Lips

Banned
Jul 23, 2009
In terms of what it meant for the club id have to say Virgo against Swindon aswell. Two goals of real quality that stand out are Stuart Munday at filbert street in 1994 and a goal dean wilkins scored at the goldstone in either 1994 or 1995. I cant recall the opoosition but colin pates floated a corner to wilkins on the edge of the 18 yard box and he volleyed it straight into the top corner much the same as what scholes and sheringham used to do. Does anyone recall this goal or the opposition??

Too many, and reaching back so far.
Some stand out, like Lawrenson wading all the way up from defence to smash it home, Sully from 30 yards, Wardy chip after jinking around a whole defence, Wardy leaving top defenders sitting in dirt before slinging it past the hapless keeper, Clarke (is evil) battering past a frightened defence to lash it in, goals vs Man City last season, Cox into the Family-stand end the season before, Baz moonwalking at the S.Stand, last minute winnah vs Southend from Hammond.........

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
In terms of what it meant for the club id have to say Virgo against Swindon aswell. Two goals of real quality that stand out are Stuart Munday at filbert street in 1994 and a goal dean wilkins scored at the goldstone in either 1994 or 1995. I cant recall the opoosition but colin pates floated a corner to wilkins on the edge of the 18 yard box and he volleyed it straight into the top corner much the same as what scholes and sheringham used to do. Does anyone recall this goal or the opposition??

I remember us doing it all the time, and wendy coming close a few times I never saw him score from doing it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its been said on here many a time on these threads but Gary Nelson away at Brentford,FA cup 1987.It always gets described but you really had to be there.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Virgs goal against Swindon for me. Might be the most mental I've ever gone for a goal I think.

Also I'll always remember Chippy's free kick against spurs... not the best goal I've ever seen but it was like poetry watching that one curl past England's number one!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
a goal dean wilkins scored at the goldstone in either 1994 or 1995. I cant recall the opoosition but colin pates floated a corner to wilkins on the edge of the 18 yard box and he volleyed it straight into the top corner much the same as what scholes and sheringham used to do. Does anyone recall this goal or the opposition??

I remember that and think it was Port Vale.

Having just checked soccerbase I reckon it was this game...

www.soccerbase.com - The Internet Soccer Database

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
For emotion Stuart Storers at the last game at the Goldstone, for brilliance Zamora's volley against Halifax

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here