Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Brighton area railway station ........

D

Deleted User X18H

..........mine is London Road and its being done up at the momment and has a resident fox.

D

Deleted User X18H

Can you guague just how bored I am

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You must be very bored,

Not quite in the Brighton area but my personal favourite is Pulborough, the start for me of many an enjoyable journey.

Albion Rob

I think Hove because I am from the 90s era and whenever I use the station I think how exciting (and scary) it must have been there in the 70s whn it was packed with people going to and from the games at the Goldstone.

Also gives me a lump in my throat whenever I use it. So few memories and so cruelly stolen.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
fourthteamtillidie said:
london road too although the over zealous ticket people are there for the next four weeks.. grrr. might actually hae to buy a ticet to work now.

what do you mean..ticket people at london road...how come?

I went through Pulborough recently, I thought it was quite pretty there..is there any significance of the place tho?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Road is pretty dope, the Railway is across from it and they do a nice pint of Red Stripe in there plus it's within shouting distance of the Open House so you can abuse all the arty farty BASTARDS that drink ni there.

I do like Preston Park though, especially arriving back there. It's nice and open and the air is always fresh.

D

Deleted User X18H

bigc said:

I went through Pulborough recently, I thought it was quite pretty there..is there any significance of the place tho?

Ticket inspectors at London Road as I boarded the 7.06 this morning. Buy a ticket I do £2736 worth.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Albion Rob said:
I think Hove because I am from the 90s era and whenever I use the station I think how exciting (and scary) it must have been there in the 70s whn it was packed with people going to and from the games at the Goldstone.

Also gives me a lump in my throat whenever I use it. So few memories and so cruelly stolen.

want to see hove station packed try getting there most mornings for the late yet again commuter trains!

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
bigc said:

Its basically a village, not much. I have stayed at Lodge Hill for residentals which is a residental conference centre just outside Pulborough. Also the people here were voted in the top 10 for the friendliest group of people in the country. Thats about it for Pulborough.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Somebody recently gave me a copy of "Branch Lines of Horsham" There are some great photos of Steyning and Henfield stations.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps I'm biased, but I like Fishersgate Station. The graffiti is so vibrant, its really quite splendid. I don't know who "SPAZ" is, but he or she is certainly a very talented artist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here