Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite beer?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would not give that advice because local brews tend to have a very distinct taste so would suggest going to a Wetherspoons where you can try 3 different glasses of beer in 1/3rd pint and pay for a pint, at the moment but not sure for how long.
I suggested a local beer because if he enjoys it, it would be available locally.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is my favourite at the moment- Available from Tescos. They did have Flying Dog Pale Ale untill a month ago which was gorgeous but have stopped selling it now.
Dark Star APA and Porter is a treat for special occasions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Tubthumper's Campaign For Real Lager recommends:

Meantime Helles
Brewdog 77 (I've just ordered 24 bottles for Tubthumper Towers. This is truly lovely and slightly trumps Meantime)

I also regularly buy Bitburger and Erdinger from the supermarket.

And in a massive departure I bought a couple of Brewdog Brew Punk IPAs tonight.

I'm partial to Japanese lager as well. The dryer the better. And the Asahi Beer Hall in Tokyo is something. Designed by Philippe Starck no less.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any Dark Star beer is worth trying, but also I find Batemans XXXB a lovely pint. For something lighter I'd suggest Badger Golden Glory

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
When I lived there, I never saw the Belgians going mental on Stella and they drank plenty of it.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Doom Bar is my favourite beer.

Am partial to a bit of T.E.A. (can't remember who does it). Timothy Taylor's Landlord is wicked. Dark Star Hophead is an amazing ale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here