Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite away ground

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
For me it is 4,Shrewsbury,poor veiw but a town with some cracking pubs.Rochdale,pub on the ground and a chippy on the away side,Fulham cause they never take footy for real,for them to win at home is a bonus,and can we hav an Ammersmith End,plz.Finally Charlton,why cause i saw Malcolm Poskett bag all 3 in a stunning Albion win back in the late 70,s:bhasign:

Mar 24, 2005
Plymouth: Always enjoy the journey down. Good pasties. Can get on top of the hoe if you get chance. Friendly town centre pubs. Good memories of Div 3 promotion day. Nice terrace behind the goal (before renovation). Oh...and making jokes about the Ho!!!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So these new state of the art grounds are not all they are made out to be!! If so whats new? We all love those awaydays to Exeter/Carlisle etc.I tis what footy is all about.:rescott:

Mar 24, 2005
Woody the Seagull said:
i just like the look of it.

You'll learn. Nice ground does not necessarily make 'favourite away ground'. It's all about the local scene, the atmosphere, the memories, the trip (in the travel sense), the motorway services, the stations, the local brew, the proximity of off-licences to the ground, the local females, the vocal scale of the home fans, the significance of the occasion, the company, the amount of albion fans to balloon ratio, the quality of the programme, the food on offer, the match of the day cameras (on F.A. Cup days), wearing the stripes....saying...i am albion...i am brighton and hove...i am sussex....i am drunk.

Unless of course I am wrong.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
went there year's ago lost 2-1 shit ground, nearly made em bankrupt me thinks. i'm 17 as well come-on woody get your act tgether

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Been to a fair few now, some good, some bad and some indifferent, plus quite a number that no longer exist. It is hard to pick a favourite, for atmosphere it had to be Peterborough for a cup game played on a snowy pitch, the match where Brighton fans travelling on double decker buses were given a free scarf (never worked out whether it was a friendly gesture or because the heating didn't work). For friendliness it has to be either Doncaster or Exeter City, at both grounds I felt like a long lost relative who had just turned up with a big bag of money to hand out. Best stadium is difficult as I haven't been to any of the new modern grounds, Burnley was pretty good last season, plus a few others for varying reasons.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Favourite atmosphere seems to be Ipswich for me

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...and a large area of wasteland (more commonly known as East London) at one end of the ground where they should probably have had a stand.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Molineux

Cracking ground, good atmosphere and we don't lose there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here