Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite album of 2010 - update

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
As we move into the final quarter of 201 it may eb time to update the best album of the yer thread?

For me, it's betwixt these gems;
Space Invadas - Soul:Fi
LCD Soundsytem - This Is Happening
Plan B - The Defamation of Strickland Banks
The Beautiful Girls - Spooks
Kele - The Boxer
Columbo - Saviour Number 4
Skream - Outside The Box / Skreamism

It's a toss up between Space Invadas, LCD Soundsytem, Plan B and Skream for me, although having listened to the 30 seconds snippets of Killing Joke's new one Absolute Descent on itunes after all the rave reviews on here I think I'm going to have to buy that one too - on itunes there are 3 interesting bonus KJ covers on it by Metallica (The Wait), Amen(?) (Europe) and Helmet (Primitive).....
Woah Leslie, starting to ramble, over to you lot now.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
As we move into the final quarter of 201 it may eb time to update the best album of the yer thread?

For me, it's betwixt these gems;
Space Invadas - Soul:Fi
LCD Soundsytem - This Is Happening
Plan B - The Defamation of Strickland Banks
The Beautiful Girls - Spooks
Kele - The Boxer
Columbo - Saviour Number 4
Skream - Outside The Box / Skreamism

It's a toss up between Space Invadas, LCD Soundsytem, Plan B and Skream for me, although having listened to the 30 seconds snippets of Killing Joke's new one Absolute Descent on itunes after all the rave reviews on here I think I'm going to have to buy that one too - on itunes there are 3 interesting bonus KJ covers on it by Metallica (The Wait), Amen(?) (Europe) and Helmet (Primitive).....
Woah Leslie, starting to ramble, over to you lot now.
hold on, there's another 8 bonus tracks on the itunes version, f***ing hell.....

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Its gotta be between The Suburbs - Arcade Fire, The Defamation of Strickland Banks - Plan B, if Cee Lo's new Album is as good as the first single F**K You, then that will definatly be in the running.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hot Chip - One Life Stand
Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
Four Tet - There is Love in You
Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Joanna Newson, Hot Chip, LCD, The Knife and Ariel Pink spring to mind. So does that Dangermouse/Sparklehorse thing. Grinderman 2 has some brilliant moments on it as well.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Killing Joke - Absolute Dissent.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Codeine Velvet Club, JJ, School of Seven Bells, Dangermouse\Sparklehorse, PVT, Grinderman and Chris Joss all spring to mind. How many is that? 7 - okay, 3 more would be Stornoway, Hafdis Huld and Silje Nes.

I suspect that Warpaint will blow all away though.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The Family Jewels - Marina and The Diamonds

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
This is the best year I can remember for quite a while for albums - so many that I've properly got into this year, rather than just listened to about six times and then ignored for ages.

Admittedly, I always scribble a Rounder Records-style Top 20 list at the end of the year, and this year's one might be the trickiest for me to compile yet. In saying that, two albums that will both feature quite highly in that list have to be Caribou's Swim and Beach House's Teen Dream.

Roll on the last week of November - Saints away, and then gigs from both acts in Brighton on three successive midweek nights :thumbsup:

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
ceo-white-magic-400x360.jpg

not many good albums for me this year compared to last years :rave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T74frXBpgk&feature=related

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm a fan of all of these:

Foals - Total Life Forever