Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Albion memory of the noughties

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
As this saturday is the last live show of the year and indeed the decade we thought we would do an Albion related review of the last ten years. So if you have any favourite memories/stories to share and be read out on the show please post them below or email us thealbionroar@radioreverb.com

Of course there are the obvious ones like the promotions and the play-off final win, but maybe you have a moment that is less obvious but just as memorable for different reasons.

Don't forget the Albion Roar xmas party on 23rd December 8-12 at the Northern Lights pub, Brighton.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
GK: Roberts,
LB: Mcnulty
CB: Morgan,
CB: Cullip
RB: Watson,
LM: Currie
RM: Bennett
CM: Sidwell,
CM: Carpenter
FW: Zamora
FW: Murray

Reckon that would do a job in the championship.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
After Freemans goal on day one it was pretty much forgetable from then on

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
After Freemans goal on day one it was pretty much forgetable from then on

:wozza:

The away win at Cheaterfraud with Zamora kicking the ball out of the keeper's hand and the away win at Palace spring to my mind, for some reason!

I assume most people will mention the Playoff final though, one of the shittest albion games I've been to.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
May 2004

Millenium Stadium
Play off

Huddersfield Town vs mansfield

penalties

Just brilliant

day after Brighton game at the Millenium

Yoda

English & European
Away to Peterborough to all but seal the Div 2 (League One) title.

Packed out away terrace (3500 i believe). Zamora returning to fire us to the win, and even Posh's tannoy announcer getting excited by it. The day was only marred by Gary Hart breaking his leg.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Watching all the numpties who had given up on us running back into Withdean when VIRGOOOOOOOO scored against Swindon in the Play Off semi.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can someone organised (Mendoza?) please organise polls for each position so we can vote for the Brighton Team of the Decade?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Away to Peterborough to all but seal the Div 2 (League One) title.

Packed out away terrace (3500 i believe). Zamora returning to fire us to the win, and even Posh's tannoy announcer getting excited by it. The day was only marred by Gary Hart breaking his leg.

Agreed.

One of the most amazing goal celebrations ever after BZ turned and buried the winner in front of us in the second half after missing a penalty at the other end early doors.

My then boss was a Posh season ticketholder and he commented after the game that the Albion fans' reaction to the goal seemed way over the top!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought long and hard about this.

And have to vote for the H Block stewards pulling a bloke's leg off.

Only time I've seen them lost for words :lol:

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Waving brown envelopes at Chesterfield. Cullip then going on to score to win us the Championship in the best ever atmosphere at Withdean.

EW

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Getting stung on the forefinger by a wasp at the Walsall game in August this year, and dropping my burger on the grass in terror at such an unprovoked and cowardly attack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here