Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Albion away days and why??

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Intrigued to know what away ground most Albion fans enjoy the most and why?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
This season Charlton & Leeds.
Last year Huddersfeild & Cheltnham
Ever, 3-3 Leeds.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sheffield United a few years ago when we won 2-1 in injury time and Leon Knight and Mark McCammon fell over the advertising hoardings!

My favourite away trip is generally Crewe though. I can't explain why, I just love Gresty Road.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
notts county on the day of the rugby world cup final was one of my faves.
always enjoy peterborough, barnet and brentford too for the lovely terraces!

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Undoubtably the game at Plymouth, where after years in the doldrums and the club so nearly dying, we won promotion. Absolutely fantastic, i sang all the way home after spending fifteen minutes in the car blubbing. Fantastic scenes.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Undoubtably the game at Plymouth, where after years in the doldrums and the club so nearly dying, we won promotion. Absolutely fantastic, i sang all the way home after spending fifteen minutes in the car blubbing. Fantastic scenes.

another fine choice! need to add that to my list.. f***ing great day out! :clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Leon Knight's tidy little finish from Paul Reid's pass up at Sheffield United a few years back (mentioned further up the thread).

Brilliant late goal celebrations.

Would also add West Ham away when BUTTS notched the winner and Hartlepool away when Bas Savage fluked a late winner.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.

Was great to be there that day. I think what made it even better was (i think) we needed something like about 4 results to go our way, and unbelievably they did, made the wait in the car park well worth it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Around 1972 to 1975 most away games were fun, but some of my most memorable would have to be Luton, Orient, Portsmouth, Southampton, Gillingham, and of course we always enjoyed the quiet but pleasant day out at Millwall, where we would stand on the terraces chatting to the Millwall fans about the finer things involved in football :lolol:

I am sure there are some members on here who remember those family away days out :p

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
Charlton, Wycombe and Villa this year, Preston a few years ago when we were 2 - 0 half time and drew 2 - 2 was pretty good and beating Bradford as well

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Charlton, Brentford and Fulham have always been good days out. Not quite so keen on Orient but we always take loads which helps.

Mark Portsmouth down as one which ought to be fun but usually disappoints.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Any of the Barnet games with trips by old NSC clique members to the Mitre Inn.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Was great to be there that day. I think what made it even better was (i think) we needed something like about 4 results to go our way, and unbelievably they did, made the wait in the car park well worth it.
. As i remember it the other results were coming in via mobiles and radio, hence the dancing on the terraces with the team celebrating with us, and all those WE ARE GOING UP banners appearing from nowhere. What a day. To me beat the Millenium Stadium for sure joy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The away days at Plymouth when we got promoted and the Millennium Stadium were my favourite all time aways. But my favourite general away trip is always Millwall, a great day out, and more often enough points to go with it.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Exeter City.

This Jekyll and Hyde ground was obviously built above the medi-evil sewer system which has been incorporated into the visiting supporters toilets beneath the old stand.Even the stewards allow smoking there,in the hope of avoiding a typhus outbreak.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Most enjoyed Southampton, Charlton and Wycombe this year.

What was the highlight though H? Me spraining my wrist, Lucas drinking Vodka & Tomato Ketchup, My bargain buy of 8 packets of Hula Hoops for 78 pence? Striking a bet with Walker, a bet that's secured you £10? Singing WONDERWALL to some sort on the train? EM, Centre half giving it the Barry to 2 Asians down some alley way in Wycombe? Or maybe the game itself...

Oh, that day had it all.

This season I'd say - Wycombe, Yeovil & maybe Charlton..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here