Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite ACTOR you have seen performing live

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Steven Van Zante, who plays Silvio Dante in the Sopranos....seen him live 36 times:rock:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who - Phil or Sir Derek Jacobi?

I have no idea what Phil looks like. Jacobi was a bit of a snappy dresser but very unassuming. I was tempted to tell him how good I thought he was in I Claudius and Dead Again but decided against it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Peter O'Toole in Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell which had its debut at the Theatre Royal prior to West End.
Extraordinarily powerful, mesmerising portrayal of a Soho legend

I also saw that and he was superb. An honourable mention for Judi Dench some years ago, but top actor for me was Alan Bates in a play about a bloke having a nervous breakdown.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Saw Olivier open the Brighton Festival mant moons ago - not really acting though!

Saw Charlton Heston in The Caine Mutiny Court Martial at the Theatre Royal, with Ben Cross, they were OK.

Saw Branagh's Hamlet - brilliant, also seen the Fiennes brothers in various Shakespearean plays - both were excellent.

Best though was the late great Sir Robert Stephens as Falstaff in Henry IV parts 1 and 2, he was definitely the best by a country mile

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have no idea what Phil looks like. Jacobi was a bit of a snappy dresser but very unassuming. I was tempted to tell him how good I thought he was in I Claudius and Dead Again but decided against it.

If I'd been in your shoes I'd have asked him what on earth he was thinking when he signed up for that ITV shitcom with Sir Ian McKellen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seen Ralph Fiennes in Hamlet which was incredible, Ivanov which was superb and Brand which he was brilliant in but the play was tiresome and grated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I'd been in your shoes I'd have asked him what on earth he was thinking when he signed up for that ITV shitcom with Sir Ian McKellen.

I was worried that I might sttttttuter and he'd think I was taking the piss out of him :smile:

Steven Van Zante, who plays Silvio Dante in the Sopranos....seen him live 36 times:rock:

Steve Van Zandt surely? No idea of their names but the 6 actors (5 men, 1 lady) who performed Romeo and Juliet at Ightam Mote outdoors around 15 years ago. Just a simple raised stage with a box on it containing numerous props and costumes, each actor had several parts, absolutely amazing. Costume changes timed to perfection.

I converted from a deep hatred of Shakespeare (due to it being rammed down our throats by an English teacher) to sort of getting it.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Ian McKellan was superb in Waiting for Godot, and the rest of the cast were great as well.

Saw Judi Dench in Amy's View many years ago, she was amazing. As were she and Maggie Smith in The Breath of Life.

More recently, Adrian Lester and Rory Kinnear are fantastic in Othello.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw John Malkovitch (with hair) in London in around 1984. Can't remember what TF it was, but it was good.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Steve Van Zandt surely? No idea of their names but the 6 actors (5 men, 1 lady) who performed Romeo and Juliet at Ightam Mote outdoors around 15 years ago. Just a simple raised stage with a box on it containing numerous props and costumes, each actor had several parts, absolutely amazing. Costume changes timed to perfection.

I converted from a deep hatred of Shakespeare (due to it being rammed down our throats by an English teacher) to sort of getting it.
Of course, Steve Van Zandt, probably something to do with where I went on holiday Zante/Zaykinthos:ffsparr:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Peter O'Toole in "Jeffrey Bernard is unwell"
Helen Mirren in "The Audience"
Ive seen more musicals than plays so . . .

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Brian Blessed (got his autograph too, although I no longer have it :( ). Unfortunately, it was in 'Cats'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here