Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourate player of all time?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
gazza, bobby and zidane

p.s cheers 4 reminding me below, trigger.

shearer aswell.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Ian Chapman & Glenn Hoddle

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sneaky George said:
Michel Platini.

And me an awesome player, unbelievable vision and skill.

I would have said Maradonna but for a certain incident in 1986 :angry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't think much of him now but a class act on the pitch in his playing days........

SPGIPFL037.jpg

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Budgie Byrne.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Georgie Best

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Scholes, Bobby or Rivaldo (until the Turkey cheating incident)

BTW why the hell is there a huge picture of people around a christmas tree when im told to log in? I see NSC has gone christmasy (which is great) but its a bit extreme. No doubti will find out on another thread:dunce:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Got to be Wardy for me. The man is a legend and always will be.

:) :clap: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
For flair it has to be George Best. He was, quite simply, out of this world. For those who haven't seen him play, think of Maradona's mazy run against England and then imagine watching that class every week. That was Best at his Best!

For tackling it has to be Bobby Moore - his timing was exquisite. He was closely followed by our own Mark Lawrenson. Love him or hate him he was a joy to watch and, unlike Peter Ward, never drifted out of games for 88 minutes.

For sheer excitement on the run though Wardy took a lot of beating because he was playing for the greatest team in the world (unlike Best!!).

In the goalkeeper stakes I would go for Gordon Banks - slightly ahead of Pat Jennings. Banks was only about 5ft 10ins but even before his save against Brazil was generally regarded as the best in the world (probably for several years). Jennings was the forerunner of unorthodox keepers who would save a goal by any means. His party trick would be to catch the ball, at full stretch, with one hand.

Pele was pretty good but was helped by being in in a superb team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here