Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favorite actor

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stunned to see a vote for Tom Cruise on here. I think he's a crap actor. Not convinced about John Travolta either. And Keira Knightley seems to be exactly the same in every role I've ever seen her play. Wooden. As are Daniel Radcliffe and Pierce Brosnan.

I know she's a classic luvvie, but I do think Emma Thompson's excellent in most of her roles (for me it's always been that moment in Love Actually where she discovers her husband's bought her a crappy CD and given the necklace to his secretary...that fabulously British deep breath, stiff upper lip, wipe the eyes and put on a happy face for the kids reaction).

Julie Walters might not be Hollywood as such, but you never see her give a bad performance. And Michael Sheen is one of my favourites at the moment. A superb character actor- witness his Clough, Blair and Frost performances.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stunned to see a vote for Tom Cruise on here. I think he's a crap actor. Not convinced about John Travolta either. And Keira Knightley seems to be exactly the same in every role I've ever seen her play. Wooden. As are Daniel Radcliffe and Pierce Brosnan.

I know she's a classic luvvie, but I do think Emma Thompson's excellent in most of her roles (for me it's always been that moment in Love Actually where she discovers her husband's bought her a crappy CD and given the necklace to his secretary...that fabulously British deep breath, stiff upper lip, wipe the eyes and put on a happy face for the kids reaction).

Julie Walters might not be Hollywood as such, but you never see her give a bad performance. And Michael Sheen is one of my favourites at the moment. A superb character actor- witness his Clough, Blair and Frost performances.

Tom Cruise is a very good actor imo. Have you seen Born on the fourth of July ?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

So agree about that bit in love actually - gets me every time I watch it - she's great in nanny Mcfee too!!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Number One Jack Nicholson: think I have enjoyed every film he has been in, great actor and facial expressions to match
Tom Hanks
Christopher Walken
Harold Lloyd
Joe Pesci
Sigourney Weaver
and also to a lesser extent Al Pacino and Danny Devito

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here