Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Father of the Bride speech ( Hints and pointers please)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:lolol:

What’s the difference between a Tottenham Hotspur trophy cabinet and a museum​

A museum is actually filled with awards and memorabilia from the past.

Could use a variation of the above on a cleaning option ???

Anywhere in the world, how do you know that Tottenham lost? Because it’s Saturday.

[Created pre Sky :censored:].

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Compliment your daughter, tell her how proud you & Mum are of her, lightly rib your son in law, and then toast them. If you have a funny story from when your daughter was very young, and not too embarrassing, then add that.
Keep it simple.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Are you confident enough to do it without notes, I wasn’t, but then you are comfortable with public speaking. It’ll be fine :thumbsup:
For my best man outing just a handful of little cue cards were there as back up in case of nerves.

For me I always thought the classic errors are trying to be too clever and/or too many 'in' jokes that only a small portion of your audience would get.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
With pre-match drink taken, my Best Man speech at my brother's wedding didn't get off to the best of starts when I said I'd like to thank the parents of both the brides. Which I might just about have got away with. Except the bride's parents were both dead :down:
Was this a mormon wedding?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Off topic I suppose Ian but could you somehow get someone through the oven without anyone checking who is inside?
Asking for a friend.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And of course good luck for the weekend .
You’ll cry.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
For my best man outing just a handful of little cue cards were there as back up in case of nerves.
These are always a useful backup - just go to a stationers or post office and buy a pack of blank postcards (not the ones with pictures of Worthing Pier!).

You can also hand them over afterwards as a momento of the day.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
For a best man speech a few years back I made the point that the groom used to be a ladies man and it was the appropriate time for a key amnesty and for anyone with a key to his house to return them now with lout judgment.

Obviously prior to the speech I’d given. Keys to all bridesmaids (one by one they came up to the front) followed by the mother in law, which got the desired effect then topped off by the vicar also making himself known

I’m wasted in financial services

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wish it had helped me ....I've done a best man's one ...spoken at both my parents funerals and the one I still cringe over is my daughters wedding ...must have rewritten it ten times and should have stuck with the first draft

ps all the best Lenny it's such a proud and special moment
The best best man speech I've done I did off the cuff.
Half my mates are already divorced so you could say there's a 50% chance this is a complete waste of everyone's time!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The beauty of any wedding speech is that the audience is so completely on your side, If you keep it clean and under 5 minutes, you'll wow them.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Father gives his daughter some last minute advice to calm her nerves while entering the church. He suggest she’s just focuses on the first 3 parts of the ceremony:
Aisle altar hymm
Aisle altar hymm
Aisle altar hymm

Half way down the aisle he hears his daughter whispering “I’ll alter him”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here