Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fatboy Slim @ The Amex

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Fatboy Slim is hoping to rock the American Express Community Stadium.

Thousands of fans would pack out Brighton and Hove Albion’s new £95 million ground for the mega gig.

The DJ, real name Norman Cook, is planning the concert for spring or summer next year.

The concert at the 22,500-capacity venue would be a “win-win” for the city, according to business bosses.

Last night a spokeswoman for the DJ’s office said it was “about time” he hosted another of his famous city gigs.

For full report see today's Argus.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is he still sufficiently "Box Office"? I have no idea.

Fine if he can get bums on seats (or presumably standing) and make some money for the club although I know that Coventry have tried gigs at the Ricoh and it's been a bit of a failure so not sure if it is really worth the effort and the disruption if the return is minimal.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Font page 'exclusive' today.

By exclusive of course they mean 'common knowledge for about ten years'.

I interviewed Norman Cook eight years ago and one of the first things he said was: "I will DEFINITELY play the first gig at the new ground. It is something we have already talked about."

He then said he would make it all ticket to people with season tickets then local postcodes. One big celebratory MESS.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I heard this a while ago from a reliable source.

Business bosses? How is it going to affect them compared to 25 football matches a year?!

Begs the question, who's doing this years gig, which will presumably be the weekend after the Sussex senior cup final.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Something for the locals to look forward to, along with the visits of Leeds, Palace, Millwall and maybe West Ham and Birmingham for good messure....Oh happy days.lol

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He also told me about when Dick Knight sat him down over coffee and said: "Norman, we are going to have to sell Bobby unless we can find £500,000."

To which he wrote a cheque for that sum on the spot. "Most expensive lunch and parking place (that was all he got for it) I ever had."

The man is a legend who, in all the euphoria of the new move et al, should not be overlooked.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Just see us putting up a fat boy slim statue. ALthough i would prefer the fat man on the front of his cd cover. I cant get pics up because i am a moron so nobody might know what i am talking about.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
27663-fatboy_slim.jpg

Just ripe for a Truffle Shuffle.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He also told me about when Dick Knight sat him down over coffee and said: "Norman, we are going to have to sell Bobby unless we can find £500,000."

To which he wrote a cheque for that sum on the spot. "Most expensive lunch and parking place (that was all he got for it) I ever had."

The man is a legend who, in all the euphoria of the new move et al, should not be overlooked.

Did he not get shares in the club?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
how would they cover the pitch? oh and BTW, Ken Brown has said NO GIG THIS YEAR!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Begs the question, who's doing this years gig, which will presumably be the weekend after the Sussex senior cup final.

for sure there won't be anything that weekend - not enough time to do the H&S assessments after the first event (that nice Mr Hebberd would not be happy)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Possibly. I am not too sure on that one. I know he was made a silent director and the line at the time was very much "£1/2million for a parking space." He certainly had no voting powers on the board, which makes me think he probably didn't.

I'm pretty sure he's a shareholder in the club - whether that's how he got them I don't know.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Brown and Perry have said that there will be no gig this year so sometime after the 11/12 season ends would be most likely.

We've discussed this on another recent thread but my view is that Fat Boy Slim should be an integral part of the day, MC'ing it and doing a DJ set as support - but a really good live British band should headline. My vote would go to Muse.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Hope he can get Greg Wilson to do his warm up set as it was Greg who he learnt to dj off at Cinderellas @ Hickstead al those years ago.....now that would be awesome ???

Also dick knight done a set @ audio a few years back!!!

perhaps next Mr Bloom aka the Lizard set ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here